[TH] Ignore New Posts [Deleted]

Hi @Waindigo,

On 1.4 RC1 the link is not appearing in the users navigation.

Template modification: waindigo_ignoreNewPosts_navigationVisitorTab

That template mod doesnt appear to be working properly and shows as 1 / 1 /0
I've looked at the modification but cant see whats wrong.

Any ideas how to fix this Jon?

I've updated to 1.2.0a and it shows as installed 1.2.0a, but it appears always again as "outdated" in Add-on Install & Upgrade even if I upgrade again.

Updating broke New Posts - set it all to zero for all members. I had to disable it to get it back. Is there a new setting or something that needs to be adjusted since the last version?

I'm using 1.2.1a and the unread post count still count the posts in threads I ignore, anyone else having this issue?

And I also noticed that the counter in the forum still shows the total amount of threads. Should it do that?
Possible to have it showing similar to this instead: "Showing threads 1 to 2 of 3 (1 ignored)"

upload_2014-11-19_17-32-19.webp

Last edited:
Tried many things without luck.
Did a simple test now added 2 posts in a thread that I was NOT ignoring, then the counter increased to 2. I then went into the thread and clicked ignore thread. The counter is still 2 after several minutes.

Tried many things without luck.
Did a simple test now added 2 posts in a thread that I was NOT ignoring, then the counter increased to 2. I then went into the thread and clicked ignore thread. The counter is still 2 after several minutes.
I am not aware of an 'Ignore Thread' link. Is this a different add-on you are referring to?

I am not aware of an 'Ignore Thread' link. Is this a different add-on you are referring to?
Now I feel really stupid o_O This add-on works together with Unread Post Counter.
It is your other plug-in Ignore More that didn't work with Unread Post Counter. Sorry for the mixup.
Maybe you can combine them both. if I ignore a forum/thread with this plugin I still see a "ignore thread/forum" when "ignore more" is used. Its a bit confusing

Are you sure? It may just be that the counter hasn't had a chance to update. Give it a few minutes to recache.
I'm sure. I have ignored all forums yesterday and it's still showing me 765 on counter. when i click on and it opens /find-new/posts, it shows me no entries. my unread post count cache is set to default 1 minute. And I tested it now with 0 minutes, its still showing 765 unread.

@Waindigo Like jOOc post above.
I'm unable to replicate your issue. I've just tested this out on a brand new installation, posted threads in 8 forums and then disabled each one at a time and checked that the counter updated. It worked fine. Please make sure you have uploaded all the files correctly, ensuring you have the very latest version of both add-ons.

Now I feel really stupid o_O This add-on works together with Unread Post Counter.
It is your other plug-in Ignore More that didn't work with Unread Post Counter. Sorry for the mixup.
Maybe you can combine them both. if I ignore a forum/thread with this plugin I still see a "ignore thread/forum" when "ignore more" is used. Its a bit confusing
I agree it would make sense to combine them. If you'd be interested in contributing to this, please drop me a PM.

Top Bottom