[TH] Ignore More [Deleted]

That'll teach me to read ALL the posts before buying an add-on :(

Just wanted something nice an simple to permit users to ignore certain threads or nodes, bought it, installed it, now I get thousands of server errors in my log as mentioned above;

ErrorException: [E_WARNING] Declaration of ThemeHouse\IgnoreMore\XF\FindNew\Thread::filterResults(XF\Mvc\Entity\ArrayCollection $results) should be compatible with XF\FindNew\Thread::filterResults(XF\Mvc\Entity\AbstractCollection$results)src/addons/ThemeHouse/IgnoreMore/XF/FindNew/Thread.php:29

and my users get a 'Oops, server error' message if they click on New Posts.

I've had to disable it and await the fix promised in post #38 above. I know its only $10 but I kinda trusted it would work perfectly first time from ThemeHouse:(

This is my gripe.

What happens when Apple releases a new version of iOS? App developers are usually ahead of the curve and they release an update for their app the exact same day apple pushes out the new version of iOS.

In this case, @ThemeHouse is effectively charging money for add-ons that don't work.

Don't get me wrong, I love the add-ons they make, but it's unfair to take people's money for things that do not work. How long has the latest version of XF2 been out and most of their add-ons STILL don't work with it.

I definitely won't be renewing my @ThemeHouse subscription after this, because I'm not going to pay for add-ons that take forever to be updated.

Come on guys, I don't mean to be an a-hole but isn't this just unacceptable? Clearly you must understand my frustration.

It took me all of 30 seconds to fix this. And the official fix will be along in a few days. I'm past this issue now.

Now if you could only fix the plethora of other add-ons they have that don't work with the latest XF version.

It took me all of 30 seconds to fix this. And the official fix will be along in a few days. I'm past this issue now.
It might take 30secs to change 'arraycollection' to 'abstractcollection' but I'm no coder and a)wouldn't know where to look for the file it has to be changed in and b) would be pooping in my pants, even if I could find the correct files, that I'm going to do something wrong and irretrievably crash my entire forum.

Its not too much to expect the thing to work out of the box IMO, or at least for ThemeHouse to flag "don't buy it yet if your running XF2.2."

I eventually found where the file resides so do I just replace the word Array with the word Abstract in this piece of php?

Is it as simple as that?

<?php

namespace ThemeHouse\IgnoreMore\XF\FindNew;

use ThemeHouse\IgnoreMore\XF\Entity\User;
use XF\Mvc\Entity\ArrayCollection;

/**
* Class Thread
* @package ThemeHouse\IgnoreMore\XF\FindNew
*/
class Thread extends XFCP_Thread
{
/**
* @Param ArrayCollection $results
* @return ArrayCollection
*/
protected function filterResults(ArrayCollection $results)
{
$results = parent::filterResults($results);

/** @var User $visitor */
$visitor = \XF::visitor();

return $results->filter(function (\XF\Entity\Thread $thread) use ($visitor) {
return !$visitor->isThImIgnoredForum($thread->Forum);
});
}
}

So this will allow users to ignore a forum node?

Will it also stop posts from that node appearing on the Whats New page?
Yes it does, at least that's what our users have found - anything ignored does not appear in their notifications or new posts but can be found if they really want under the Ignored content link.

Update 2.1.0 overwrites the following JS file of the [TH] Nodes add-on resulting in file check health errors:

js/themehouse/global/20180112.min.js Unexpected contents

Update 2.1.0 overwrites the following JS file of the [TH] Nodes add-on resulting in file check health errors:

js/themehouse/global/20180112.min.js Unexpected contents
I've got this reported on our issue tracker, thanks for the report!

Top Bottom