[TH] Font Awesome BBCode [Deleted]

ThemeHouse

Audentio Design submitted a new resource:

XFUniverse Font Awesome BBCode - Font Awesome used in posts? Done.

XFUniverse Font Awesome BBCode

A simple BBCode addition to allow the use of Font Awesome within posts.

• All 519 Font Awesome icons included...
  • Control color, size, etc...
  • Works in conversations...
  • Great for Wiki's, Guides, FAQ's...

[COLOR=rgb(64, 54,...[/FONT]

Read more about this resource...

I'm sure it just needs the correct CSS call for it to display though.

One second, I'll see if I can grab it.

it was temporary uninstalled. i update it to the curent -A3 and the problem persist! It's only missed a few ones; arround 5 icons. Anyway, the addon works preety fine.
@Sheldon , i see you there; (Thanks!)
you can take a look now!

I wonder if this had to do with the CSS edit by @Russ . Or ether a compatibility problem with Custom node Style a have installed (by *******).
I hope this info helps, cheers !

Attachments

• xf-support_ss4.webp
    xf-support_ss4.webp
    13.6 KB · Views: 11
it was temporary uninstalled. i update it to the curent -A3 and the problem persist! It's only missed a few ones; arround 5 icons. Anyway, the addon works preety fine.
@Sheldon , i see you there; (Thanks!)
you can take a look now!

I wonder if this had to do with the CSS edit by @Russ . Or ether a compatibility problem with Custom node Style a have installed (by *******).
I hope this info helps, cheers !

I don't use the add-on but it's easy to add icons for any missing menu items

Replace editor icons with Font Awesome

You just need to find the class and add the bit of CSS. Regarding the missing icons in the dropdown it could also be conflicting because of the FA version possibly. You're calling versions 4.1.0 and 4.3.0 in your source(I believe the google wallet was added in the later versions).

Last edited:
You just need to find the class and add the bit of CSS. Regarding the missing icons in the dropdown it could also be conflicting because of the FA version possibly. You're calling versions 4.1.0 and 4.3.0 in your source(I believe the google wallet was added in the later versions).

I'm affraid i don't know how to do that.
Mybe some examples or screens helps me a lot.

P.S:/ Do you mean to add those missing icons in dropdown and add them in extra.css ? That means make a little edits to your existing trick . And also modify and put the latest FA class:
HTML:
<link rel="stylesheet" href="https://maxcdn.bootstrapcdn.com/font-awesome/4.4.0/css/font-awesome.min.css">

into PAGE_CONTAINER .

sorry for my english and for my very very poor kb.

Do the FA icons not work with text or allow line breaks?

I entered the following in a post:

[FA]arrow-circle-left[/FA] A circle

[FA]check[/FA] This is a check

[FA]cogs[/FA] Here’s a cog

The output in the post was this: (no text, no line breaks)

Screen Shot 2016-01-16 at 7.17.44 PM.webp

Edit: I'm on XF 1.4.4 -- Also cannot get color to apply, they just post in black.

Last edited:
For those who want to have this ThemeHouse add-on compatible with ThemeHouse UI.X Style Redactor Editor, paste the following into the "uix_icons.css" template:
Code:
html .redactor_toolbar li a.redactor_btn_custom_fa {background-image: none !important;}
html .redactor_toolbar li a.redactor_btn_custom_fa:before {
        content: "\f2b4";
}

Top Bottom