[TH] Filter [Deleted]

I got this issue now ...

Oops! We ran into some problems.
Oops! We ran into some problems. Please try again later. More error details may be in the browser console.
Would you be willing to send us what error details are shown within the browser console, please?

Does this work for mobile devices? I tried viewing the demo in a mobile/responsive view and the widgets wouldn't show up at all.

Does this work for mobile devices? I tried viewing the demo in a mobile/responsive view and the widgets wouldn't show up at all.
As best I can tell, it only shows the Nodes under "All threads," and then only if you have the default page widget filter set to Prefixes. If you set Nodes as the default filter or Nodes and Prefixes, you get nothing. (This is on android.)

Does this work with xf 2.2.2?
and is it possible to place widget with this filter on selected sub-forums? with custom prefixes for each sub-forums?

Does this work with xf 2.2.2?
and is it possible to place widget with this filter on selected sub-forums? with custom prefixes for each sub-forums?
This add-on does work with XenForo 2.2.2, yes. As far as placing a widget on selecting sub-forums, this isn't possible as widgets can only be placed in the display positions shown on the "Add widget" page. Yes, you can create custom prefixes for each sub-node/forums if you'd like.

This filter has a 30 day trim of threads. so the visitor thinks that's the maximum threads available in the forum. So, they have no idea that there are thousands of more threads to read. So, please add a button saying "Load more threads" to the last page which redirects to the relevant node in the forum which they can find all the threads.

@Dalton Prock @Mike Creuzer

Do you plan to add the widget on all pages? If yes, when?
Actually, I use "new posts" as default page instead of forums list and you already told me it doesn't display on that page...
This filter has a 30 day trim of threads. so the visitor thinks that's the maximum threads available in the forum. So, they have no idea that there are thousands of more threads to read. So, please add a button saying "Load more threads" to the last page which redirects to the relevant node in the forum which they can find all the threads.
We have no plans to add these in anytime soon but I am willing to add them within our issue tracker as enhancements though. Thank you for the kind suggestions! :)

What is the difference to this addon, please?

What is the difference to this addon, please?
This addon simply filters all content by existing prefixes and nodes, on one page. The Topics addon allowed you to add a whole other classification system, Topics, which were something like prefixes or tags, which you could organize content by. Not a very flexible system, though, if you were trying to use it on an existing forum that already had a lot of content.

Cool! As an example?
We have nodes for towns.
We have prefixes for different kind of sports.

Then i want to know everythiung about soccer in the whole country and get it.

Nice idea to break the borders of nodes.

Cool! As an example?
We have nodes for towns.
We have prefixes for different kind of sports.

Then i want to know everythiung about soccer in the whole country and get it.

Nice idea to break the borders of nodes.
Yeah, nice idea, but personally I wouldn't build a site around the addon. It's "unmaintained," which isn't always a bad thing in itself, but also hasn't been updated in almost a year, and I wouldn't count on it being updated for future XF releases. Up to you, though. :whistle:

I dont need it now, but i like to extend my knowledge about possible ways to solve things.

There is an addon from xon to show different stuff rom different forums. I guess/hope that there you can use his multi-prefixes also. Then you have somehow the same effect in a static way (you have defined the nodes to choose somehwere else in the forum. But for practical use this nice also.
Btw: It would be nice to know if XONs addon could be used with a pref/next-thread-addon. if not he may want to do that, because it would be perfect solution for mods that needs to watch any thread from the whole forum.

Top Bottom