[TH] Donate - Multi-campaign manager [Deleted]

Awesome, thanks for your response!

Just as a side note regarding the privacy: Of course the admin will have full visibility of the donation, I was merely talking about how the user can select what to display in the publicly viewable donation list for a campaign :)

Awesome, thanks for your response!

Just as a side note regarding the privacy: Of course the admin will have full visibility of the donation, I was merely talking about how the user can select what to display in the publicly viewable donation list for a campaign :)
Like sorting abilities or permissions?

Like sorting abilities or permissions?
Sorry? Care to elaborate?

What I meant was that the privacy a user has selected for his donation is just so he can control what is publicly visible. An admin (maybe controlled by a permission?) can always see the amount and the user, regardless of the privacy setting, of course.

Sorry? Care to elaborate?

What I meant was that the privacy a user has selected for his donation is just so he can control what is publicly visible. An admin (maybe controlled by a permission?) can always see the amount and the user, regardless of the privacy setting, of course.
So an extension to the anonymous system? Since a user can define if a donation is anonymous or not.

So an extension to the anonymous system? Since a user can define if a donation is anonymous or not.
Exactly. Not just anonymous "yes/no", but the degree to which he wants to show.

Reason:
We've got a couple of users who are donating large sums but don't want to show their names to not be harassed. But of course they want to keep showing their large sums :) And vice-versa.

Exactly. Not just anonymous "yes/no", but the degree to which he wants to show.

Reason:
We've got a couple of users who are donating large sums but don't want to show their names to not be harassed. But of course they want to keep showing their large sums :) And vice-versa.
What sort of "degrees" did you have in mind?

- Control the level of privacy (anonymity) of a donation (Public, hide user, hide amount or hide both (private))

- Public (Show name and amount, default)
- Hide name (Name in list would come up as "Anonymous donation")
- Hide amount (Amount in list would come up as "Amount hidden")
- Hide completely (private donation)

And - again - those settings would not affect how admins see the donations: They should always be able to see all information. Maybe make them a bit transparent so the admin sees that the user chose to hide the info on the frontend.

And it'd be neat to be able to change the title of those items in the "privacy combobox" via Phrases (to translate them, for example)

- Public (Show name and amount, default)
- Hide name (Name in list would come up as "Anonymous donation")

And - again - those settings would not affect how admins see the donations: They should always be able to see all information. Maybe make them a bit transparent so the admin sees that the user chose to hide the info on the frontend.

And it'd be neat to be able to change the title of those items in the "privacy combobox" via Phrases (to translate them, for example)
I'll look into this and see if it is something we can implement :)

If the rest of the users can count to three, then this is pointless as the total amount of the sum of donations is displayed and users that follow the donations can see the difference.

Makes no difference to anonymous donation as it is now. Why should the amount donated be hidden if the name is hidden? Especially when users can see the sum of all donations.

This just makes it unnecessarily complicated and does not bring any logical advantage. The anonymity function is good as it is (as for the above reasons).

If the rest of the users can count to three, then this is pointless as the total amount of the sum of donations is displayed and users that follow the donations can see the difference.
Well, yes, if only one donation is hidden. But if there are two donations with a hidden amount, one for $1 and one for $99, you cannot see the difference as both could've donated $50, 75/25, 30/70, ...

Why should the amount donated be hidden if the name is hidden?
I never said that.

Well, yes, if only one donation is hidden. But if there are two donations with a hidden amount, one for $1 and one for $99, you cannot see the difference as both could've donated $50, 75/25, 30/70, ...
As I said, if someone follows closely he will see the difference and count one and one together. (Unless two donations are made anonymous in the same second.) If you imply they do not follow closely, then your extra anonymity is pointless either. Then it is enough as it is now.

I never said that.
I now get it, in your idea the entire donation is hidden and the total amount just rises. Beside that this is confusing for the rest of the users and looks like an error, there is no difference to normal anonymified donation, because when you don't know the donator, the amount donated is uninteresting.

Another Feature request:

I'd need to be able to hide the "total earned" information for specific campaigns. (Yes, you can calculate all donations manually for yourself if you want to... However it's about convenience)

Our campaigns are mostly open campaigns without a set goal and hiding the total amount makes it possible to suppress the "ah, well, there's already enough donated" thought users might get.

Another Feature request:

I'd need to be able to hide the "total earned" information for specific campaigns. (Yes, you can calculate all donations manually for yourself if you want to... However it's about convenience)

Our campaigns are mostly open campaigns without a set goal and hiding the total amount makes it possible to suppress the "ah, well, there's already enough donated" thought users might get.
You could go to the templates and comment that part out :)

You could go to the templates and comment that part out :)
I sure could. I just want to keep the template modifications to a minimum to avoid migrations when updating.

Just thought I'd throw this in cuz I don't think it'll take that long to implement if you think it'd be nice, too :)

I sure could. I just want to keep the template modifications to a minimum to avoid migrations when updating.

Just thought I'd throw this in cuz I don't think it'll take that long to implement if you think it'd be nice, too :)
We'll add an option to the open campaign for this :)

@silence

Just purchased this.

Couple of relatively large showstopper-esque bugs discovered just now. Tickets 5264 and 5265 created on audentio.com. Basically recurring payments spitting errors and email donors not working at all with latest version.

Couple of quick enhancement suggestions also:
1. Navigation link location - you should have an option to put the link in ALL places
2. Navigation link location - navigation bar - add opti0n for middle/end position

Last edited:
Oh, I've now seen that one of my questions was omitted:

- Is it possible to have the user reward x credits in the [ad] Credits system for each amout spent (for example 100 credits for each dollar donated)?

Oh, I've now seen that one of my questions was omitted:

- Is it possible to have the user reward x credits in the [ad] Credits system for each amout spent (for example 100 credits for each dollar donated)?
No but the package feature allows users to purchase credits within [AD] Credits.

@silence

Just purchased this.

Couple of relatively large showstopper-esque bugs discovered just now. Tickets 5264 and 5265 created on audentio.com. Basically recurring payments spitting errors and email donors not working at all with latest version.

Couple of quick enhancement suggestions also:
1. Navigation link location - you should have an option to put the link in ALL places
2. Navigation link location - navigation bar - add opti0n for middle/end position
We'll take a look and see what's causing the issues!

Yeah we can do options like that for the navigation item.

Top Bottom