[TH] Custom Fields [Deleted]

Hello Waindigo!
How can we add HTML style to each custom field? maybe his can be to append-preprend HTML style to the field? is there that option?
Thank you!

Hello Waindigo!
How can we add HTML style to each custom field? maybe his can be to append-preprend HTML style to the field? is there that option?
Thank you!
This is not an option at the moment. You would have to add the CSS you need to the EXTRA.CSS template file. Something like:
Code:
input[name='custom_fields[FIELD_ID]'] {
    color: blue;
}
replacing FIELD_ID with the appropriate field ID. Or use the PHP Callback option, but that is a bit overkill for a bit of CSS styling.

Fatal error: Call to undefined method TMS_Model_Template::importTemplatesFieldXml() in XXX\xenforo\library\Waindigo\CustomFields\Model\ThreadField.php on line 1313
FYI this error showed up during addon installation.
I had to disable all my add-ons except for TMS in order to get Custom Fields addon installed. Everything seems to run fine once reactivated. I'll followup if I encounter any other issue.

Having installed the most recent versions (from half an hour ago) of Custom Fields and Library, I am getting this error when trying to create new library:

Code:
The following error occurred:
Mysqli prepare error: Unknown column 'custom_fields' in 'field list'

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
    Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
    Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
    Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 574
    Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->insert() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1591
    XenForo_DataWriter->_insert() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1580
    XenForo_DataWriter->_save() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1381
    XenForo_DataWriter->save() in Waindigo/Library/ControllerAdmin/Library.php at line 99
    Waindigo_Library_ControllerAdmin_Library->actionSave() in Waindigo/CustomFields/ControllerAdmin/Library.php at line 69
    Waindigo_CustomFields_ControllerAdmin_Library->actionSave() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
    XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
    XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home1/neferca/public_html/_latindiscussion.com/forum/admin.php at line 13

Help :)

Just a suggestion, for the required field error message is it possible to have it name the custom field instead of a generic one as per the picture below?

CustomFieldRequired.webp

Just a suggestion, for the required field error message is it possible to have it name the custom field instead of a generic one as per the picture below?

View attachment 31986
I noticed yesterday that it was naming for some of the fields but not all. Not quite sure why this is, but will need to investigate further. Might be a bug with XF.

I noticed following:
If you specify a URL with the validity criteria, the link is not clickable.
If I create checkboxes, they are not shown in the post.

I noticed following:
If you specify a URL with the validity criteria, the link is not clickable.
Are you referring to thread fields or user fields?
If user fields, then you need to add the link code to the Value Display HTML as follows:
Code:
<a href="{$value}">{$value}</a>
If thread fields, then you will need to add the link code to the node template, as follow:
Code:
<a href="{$customFields.url}">{$customFields.url}</a>
If I create checkboxes, they are not shown in the post.
See this post:
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/custom-fields-by-waindigo.34093/page-2#post-388430

Thanks. I'll apply the fix for the non-English characters in the next update.
I also have errors with Vietnamese characters in new update version. Here are Unicode UTF-8, all of these characters will be "?". It's seem this bug was not fixed in the lasted version.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-07-25 at 4.42.02 PM.webp
    Screen Shot 2012-07-25 at 4.42.02 PM.webp
    16.1 KB · Views: 42
I also have errors with Vietnamese characters in new update version. Here are Unicode UTF-8, all of these characters will be "?". It's seem this bug was not fixed in the lasted version.
This seems to be a much bigger problem than I first thought. This may take a while to fix. Also, would you be willing to contribute towards this as the current contributors have no interest in their add-on working with Vietnamese characters.

How can i move the Extra Thread Filed above the editor?
Not possible yet. Look out for this in a future release.

On disable, all the field information will be stored but no new information will be collected, and the header/footer templates will be disabled so the output will be hidden.
On uninstall, all thread field information will be destroyed (unless backed up, of course).

hi waindigo, another good addon!

i am quite afraid of the UNINSTALL option,
there are times where you need to UNINSTALL the addon due to some errors or debugging your forum.

what if you have established already a good use of it.
then suddenly you need to uninstall addons due to some debugging issues.
that means your previous data will be gone once installed again.

i suggest to have an option if you want to delete the data from the database if uninstall..

its much harder to restore a portion of data to the database with a GB of mysql backup
than having it manually deleted via phpmyadmin
if you need to clean your db :)

again your addons is really promising, i will donate to you soon your a good developer.

hi waindigo, another good addon!

i am quite afraid of the UNINSTALL option,
there are times where you need to UNINSTALL the addon due to some errors or debugging your forum.

what if you have established already a good use of it.
then suddenly you need to uninstall addons due to some debugging issues.
that means your previous data will be gone once installed again.

i suggest to have an option if you want to delete the data from the database if uninstall..

its much harder to restore a portion of data to the database with a GB of mysql backup
than having it manually deleted via phpmyadmin
if you need to clean your db :)

again your addons is really promising, i will donate to you soon your a good developer.
You make a very good point. I assume you are referring to the data stored with threads? All other data can be deleted as it is a lot easier to put back (especially with the import/export tool).

I will add this to the next update. Not sure if it is possible to have options on uninstall though. Have you seen this on any other add-on?

Thanks for your kind comments.

Top Bottom