[TH] Custom Fields [Deleted]

I'm using version 1.3.0a and im having a strange problem. I can't set any fields to be required for threads. They can be available, but not required. When i select required and save the node it appears to save, but when i revisit the node, theyr'e all unchecked and the thread shows them as optional.

Is there any way to get the value of the fields group? I would like to style them but can't seem to figure it out.

I would like to set it up like this:

Vehicle Information:
Year Make Model
Blah
Blah Blah

Thread content

Location Information:
Blah
Blah

Contact Information:
Blah
Blah

Any ideas on how to achieve this? Thank you. I will keep playing with it for now!

UPDATE:

After place around with it for a while I managed to figure it out. Thanks!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-01-07 at 5.55.51 PM.webp
    Screen Shot 2014-01-07 at 5.55.51 PM.webp
    5.1 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
I'm using version 1.3.0a and im having a strange problem. I can't set any fields to be required for threads. They can be available, but not required. When i select required and save the node it appears to save, but when i revisit the node, theyr'e all unchecked and the thread shows them as optional.
I'm unable to replicate this issue. Have you tried disabling other add-ons and then trying to save?

hello
How to diplay Text and not the id with dropdown list.
Curently if i use {$customFields.FIELD_ID} that diplay internal name
example
country_germany : Germany
that diplay country_germany

Is there any way to get the value of the fields group? I would like to style them but can't seem to figure it out.

I would like to set it up like this:

Vehicle Information:
Year Make Model
Blah
Blah Blah

Thread content

Location Information:
Blah
Blah

Contact Information:
Blah
Blah

Any ideas on how to achieve this? Thank you. I will keep playing with it for now!

UPDATE:

After place around with it for a while I managed to figure it out. Thanks!

Could you let us know how this was achieved?

Question: Once a thread field is created and implemented, is it possible to search for threads that include that field checked (in the case of a checkbox)?

Thanks!

@Waindigo is there a way to format numbers when I am displaying them? I have a classifieds for vehicles on my website and would like to format the milage and price numbers (Example: 50000 would be 50,000 and so on…)

Thanks.

Could you let us know how this was achieved?

I was unable to figure out how to get the fields group but I did manage to find a spot to list all of the stuff.

Applications > Node Tree > (Your Forum Node) > Thread Fields

In the Thread Fields tab you will see a "Header Template HTML and Footer Template HTML". In these you can post and style your custom fields. Use {$customFields.whatever} to get the data.

For styling you can use the EXTRA.css

Hope that helps.

@Waindigo
How to diplay Text and not the internal value with dropdown list or radio button

Field id: sexe
internal value : male , text : Mâle
internal value femelle, text : Femelle

i tried {$customFields.sexe}

I want diplay Mâle or Femelle and not male,femelle

Need help

@Waindigo
How to diplay Text and not the internal value with dropdown list or radio button

Field id: sexe
internal value : male , text : Mâle
internal value femelle, text : Femelle

i tried {$customFields.sexe}

I want diplay Mâle or Femelle and not male,femelle

Need help
This is not currently supported. You will have to do:
Code:
{xen:if '{$customFields.sexe} == male', 'Mâle', {xen:if '{$customFields.sexe} == female', 'Femelle', ''}

@Waindigo is there a way to format numbers when I am displaying them? I have a classifieds for vehicles on my website and would like to format the milage and price numbers (Example: 50000 would be 50,000 and so on…)

Thanks.
Try something like:
Code:
{xen:number {$customFields.whatever}}

Top Bottom