[TH] Custom Fields [Deleted]

Thanks for catching that. Its still on my local host. What tag should I use for the text align code?

You can still view it on localhost with browser and firebug. I'm a hack when it comes to markup. I usually have to play with it live. have you tried vertical-align or position elements?

Can you post a mockup of what you want to do?

Posting would transition from something like this:
2IfINrA.jpg

To this:
APIePQv.jpg

Edit: On a side note, I don't seem to be able to edit any of my custom fields.

Edit2: In fact, if I edit the post, it seems to clear all of the fields that I had previously saved, and as a result, they no longer show up.

Last edited:
It's not possible to create blank threads/posts. I suggest you post a request for someone to create such an add-on, or drop me a PM if you would be interested in contributing towards the cost of making such an add-on.

I'll probably PM you in the near future about it if you're interested in the developement :). On another topic, did you see what I posted above? I can't seem to be able to edit custom fields, and when I save an edited post, it clears all of the custom fields. Any thoughts?

I'll probably PM you in the near future about it if you're interested in the developement :). On another topic, did you see what I posted above? I can't seem to be able to edit custom fields, and when I save an edited post, it clears all of the custom fields. Any thoughts?
I'm unable to replicate this other issue you are having. What version of XenForo are you using?

When trying to create a resource manager category, I get the following error:
Code:
The following error occurred:

Mysqli prepare error: Unknown column 'custom_resource_fields' in 'field list'
Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 574
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->insert() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1612
XenForo_DataWriter->_insert() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1601
XenForo_DataWriter->_save() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1393
XenForo_DataWriter->save() in XenResource/ControllerAdmin/Category.php at line 157
XenResource_ControllerAdmin_Category->actionSave() in Waindigo/CustomFields/Extend/XenResource/ControllerAdmin/Category.php at line 84
Waindigo_CustomFields_Extend_XenResource_ControllerAdmin_Category->actionSave() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 337
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/cosmos/public_html/admin.php at line 13

Installed latest version of Library, now trying to install custom fields, getting following errors:

Server Error
Undefined index: xf_library

1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in Waindigo/Library/Extend/Waindigo/CustomFields/Install/Controller.php at line 13
  2. Waindigo_Library_Extend_Waindigo_CustomFields_Install_Controller->_getTables() in Waindigo/Install/20130809.php at line 201
  3. Waindigo_Install->_install() in Waindigo/Install/20130809.php at line 86
  4. Waindigo_Install::install()
  5. call_user_func() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 215
  6. XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXml() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 169
  7. XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXmlFromFile() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 187
  8. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionInstall() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 337
  9. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  10. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /xxxxxx/xxxxxx/public_html/admin.php at line 13
Deactivated Library addon, then installed custom fields addon with no problem. Reactivated Library addon... everything works!

Last edited:
I am trying to designate discussion forum while using Library addon, creating an article... there is no forum selection available to choose from

select forum.webp

In each forum node settings, you need to check the "Article discussion link" in the Custom Fields tab. That way you can select on which nodes this field is applicable.

I guess I really need a walkthru setting up a library, adding articles, and connecting to discussion forum via waindigo custom fields.

Top Bottom