[TH] Custom Fields [Deleted]

Oh thanks

But if we mark this as required even then we are shown the same message even if we set a custom one. Like if you check the above code and if change the value to false in validation if statement. It still gives us a default Custom text required warning.
Yes, it will always show the default message if it is set as required.

Please ignore my previous answer. It is incorrect. Sorry. You cannot set your own message or only set as required for certain users etc.. To do this, you would need to edit the PHP code.

Ok i will try to work around and get something working here.

Anyways, thanks for all your support. You have made a really great addon that i can use in many different ways.
Just to let you know. I also made a link directory using this addon. :)

Ok i will try to work around and get something working here.
The line you want to change is line 493 of library/Waindigo/CustomFields/Model/ThreadField.php:
PHP:
if ($value !== '')

Anyways, thanks for all your support. You have made a really great addon that i can use in many different ways.
Just to let you know. I also made a link directory using this addon. :)
This is one of my favourite add-ons and I can't wait to get a chance to develop it further. I have paid for most of the development myself so far because I can see lots of potential. Please consider sharing your link directory add-on as I'm sure others would find it very useful, even if you charge a small fee for allowing downloads.

The line you want to change is line 493 of library/Waindigo/CustomFields/Model/ThreadField.php:
PHP:
if ($value !== '')

This is one of my favourite add-ons and I can't wait to get a chance to develop it further. I have paid for most of the development myself so far because I can see lots of potential. Please consider sharing your link directory add-on as I'm sure others would find it very useful, even if you charge a small fee for allowing downloads.

Thanks for the heads up. I will look into that code soon.

That link directory is yet not complete. I am creating it for my website and would like it to remain unique. But i do also have some other ideas for this addon which i will sure share with the community here in very near future.

Thanks again for all your efforts. This addon can sure be a very powerful and great addon for developers. As it creates endless opportunities for us to customize the post area. :)

Hi Bro,
Back with some more queries.

I am having a problem here. I have set the validation for my custom field and it is working pretty well.
The problem i am getting is many times people post support request without filling this field. Once the thread is created there is no way for them to add that missing data.

Is there any solution for this?

Hi Bro,
Back with some more queries.

I am having a problem here. I have set the validation for my custom field and it is working pretty well.
The problem i am getting is many times people post support request without filling this field. Once the thread is created there is no way for them to add that missing data.

Is there any solution for this?
You would need to give them the permission to edit a thread. Unfortunately there is not currently a XenForo permission to allow this only for their own threads, but there may be an add-on that adds this permission (I'm sure I've seen an add-on somewhere that adds loads of extra permissions).

I'll bear this in mind for future versions though as it is a very good point.

This add-on has been an answer to my search of a petition/form submission setup. Thanks!

A few things I'm running into. How do I get the value from checkboxes to show? I tried customBoxes and customBox instead of customFields. Still can't get them to show. =/ Radio buttons work fine with customFields. I am unable to edit or delete my custom fields that I made. It ticks like it saves or the action happens, but nothing happens. =/

To answer about having the custom fields above everything else: edit thread_create and move <xen:hook name="thread_create_fields_extra" params="{xen:array 'forum={$forum}'}" /> underneath <xen:hook name="thread_create_fields_main" params="{xen:array 'forum={$forum}'}" />. This will start the custom field entry right underneath the Title field. To place it above the Title field, place it above <dl class="ctrlUnit fullWidth surplusLabel">.

Is there a way that I can have Title to be auto-populated with one of my custom fields? Also, not sure if you can look into it or if I need to find a hack/add-on, but I'm looking to have them not be required to enter anything into the the message/editor box if I have custom fields for that forum?

Also, when editing a thread, I can't scroll down to view all my custom fields. Scrolling just scrolls the rest of the page while leaving the Thread Edit window floating. I have to zoom about my browser to view all the fields and buttons. Not sure if that would be something you can fix.

howdy jon

Just a note this keeps showing as "upgrade" being available in chris deemings auto installer.

even when latest installed :)

howdy jon

Just a note this keeps showing as "upgrade" being available in chris deemings auto installer.

even when latest installed :)
Future updates will fix this problem for any add-on where the most recent release was a fourth-point release. An update is due for this add-on quite soon.

When I click on "Custom Resource Fields", I get :

Server Error

Mysqli prepare error: Table 'cs-amx_forum.xf_resource_field_group' doesn't exist
  1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
  4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in XenForo/Model.php at line 219
  5. XenForo_Model->fetchAllKeyed() in Waindigo/CustomFields/Model/ResourceField.php at line 1015
  6. Waindigo_CustomFields_Model_ResourceField->getAllResourceFieldGroups() in Waindigo/CustomFields/ControllerAdmin/ResourceField.php at line 22
  7. Waindigo_CustomFields_ControllerAdmin_ResourceField->actionIndex() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
  8. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  9. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /srv/d_cs-amx/www/cs-amx.fr/htdocs/admin.php at line 13
:P

Have you run the update XML script for the 1.1.0 add-on? It seems that you are missing a table that should have been added as part of the update.

Did you receive any errors during install/update?

Please could you try running the add-on update XML script again?

First time I've used the Addon Installer by Chris.

Now I've tried to upload all files manually and all has been overwritten.

Still I have the same error. And now I can't even enter now in 'Custom User Fields' , I get :

Admin Control Panel - Communauté CS-AMX
Server Error

Mysqli prepare error: Table 'cs-amx_forum.xf_thread_field_group' doesn't exist
  1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
  4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in XenForo/Model.php at line 219
  5. XenForo_Model->fetchAllKeyed() in Waindigo/CustomFields/Model/ThreadField.php at line 1014
  6. Waindigo_CustomFields_Model_ThreadField->getAllThreadFieldGroups() in Waindigo/CustomFields/ControllerAdmin/ThreadField.php at line 22
  7. Waindigo_CustomFields_ControllerAdmin_ThreadField->actionIndex() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
  8. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  9. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /srv/d_cs-amx/www/cs-amx.fr/htdocs/admin.php at line 13
If I disable your addon, I don't have the error.

Top Bottom