[TH] Custom Fields [Deleted]

Hello @Mr Lucky , if you'd like to drop me a private message or open a ticket FAO Richard M detailing your concerns I'm more than happy to take a further look into this from a customer service view point for you.

Our official operating hours are 9am to 5pm CST, Monday to Friday via our ticket system, all forum based support is on a best effort basis at this time, I do believe a patch has since been released which should resolve the issue you were experiencing however if you have any questions or require any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us.

Because of the number of requests from people to make this add-on premium and implement some new features I think we will be doing that. I'll go through the requests for this add-on and get as many of them as I can implemented then release a premium version of this add-on in the next few weeks :)

Also, I've made a list of the planned changes here. If I've missed anything, or if you have another suggestion please feel free to let me know :)

Radio buttons lose their settings, other fields seem to be OK.
I've had this issue as well. Radio buttons and drop down menus are both impacted.

How are you able to replicate this issue? I can't seem to.

What I tried:
Created radio thread field with these values:
1:One
2:Two
3:Three
4:Four
5:Five

Created a thread with the value of "Two" for this field

Edited thread, value was still set:

Screen%20Shot%202016-03-10%20at%209.29.41%20AM.png

I think I may be misunderstanding the issue. Just get me more details on this :)

How are you able to replicate this issue? I can't seem to.

What I tried:
Created radio thread field with these values:
1:One
2:Two
3:Three
4:Four
5:Five

Created a thread with the value of "Two" for this field

Edited thread, value was still set:

Screen%20Shot%202016-03-10%20at%209.29.41%20AM.png

I think I may be misunderstanding the issue. Just get me more details on this :)

Too late, that was months ago!

I redid all my custom fields without radio buttons as the problem wasn't addressed then.

NB: I'm not the only person to report this issue:

I've had this issue as well. Radio buttons and drop down menus are both impacted.

Too late, that was months ago!

I redid all my custom fields without radio buttons as the problem wasn't addressed then.

I'm asking for steps on how you encountered the issue as I'm not able to replicate it, if you can give me those steps I can fix the issue, otherwise there is nothing I would be able to do. As it currently stands, this add-on is open source and marked as unmaintained. I'm trying to fix the issues with it and then remove the unmaintained status for this add-on.

NB: I'm not the only person to report this issue:

Yep, I quoted him too.

I'm asking for steps on how you encountered the issue as I'm not able to replicate it,

What I means is I can't replicate it now because we solved the issue by ditching the radio button fields and using text fields instead.

From what I remember (this was about five months ago) :

• Create custom field with radio buttons, ie (1) shipping included, (2) shipping extra, (3) N/A.
  • Assign to "items for sale" forum
  • Members post threads and chose a certain button
  • Moderator then needs to change thread prefix.
  • Goes to edit the thread prefix when item is sold and finds all the radio buttons no longer selected
  • Moderator whinges at me about this
  • I try it and find the same problem
  • I suggest she tries to remember the settings and reset them
  • We all decide that instead we will use a text field and ask users to just write whether shipping is included or not or N/A.

Also, I've made a list of the planned changes here. If I've missed anything, or if you have another suggestion please feel free to let me know :)
I use this add-on to make some classifieds forum and a business directory. To get it to work I use some other Waindigo add-ons, maybe you should incorporate some of them or just see to that they work with any new version of this.

To get search to work better, blank search, I use:
Search by Waindigo - https://xenforo.com/community/resources/th-search.1173/
There is room for improvement on that one I think, search can be very slow.

To get nice looking images in the classifieds(thread)list I also use:
Thumbnails by Waindigo - https://xenforo.com/community/resources/th-thumbnails.4834/

To be able choose threads by more than one prefix at the time I use a modified:
Thread Filters by Waindigo - https://xenforo.com/community/threads/th-thread-filters-by-themehouse.66347/
that I put above the threadlist as checkboxes.

I also use:
Node Language Override by Waindigo - https://xenforo.com/community/resources/th-node-language-override-by-themehouse.1265/
and
Disallow Languages to be used - can not find anymore
to be able to create my own classifieds language for changing button and other text from forum centered to classifieds centered text.

At last I use:
Advanced Message Archiver - https://xenforo.com/community/resources/advanced-thread-archiver.3601/
to delete olds ads/threads

I also use Custom fields as a simple calendar and have been planning to use it for a blog.

If we do a premium version, support for this one (as it already is technically) will be entirely dropped. Thats the caveat, we cannot manage both.

That i understand, my post was about making a good enough premium version so I could buy it. If you could not make a search for a custom field only or use together with thumbnails it would be useless to me.
It was also a suggestions for what this add-on can become, something that can turn threads into almost any other kind of "content container".

I'd like these:

Ability to make changes to the custom fields after a post is made
Allow the multiple choices to come up one after another in commas instead of being stacked
Allow stacking of two different text fields (i.e. one is the date, the other is a description, I want these on two separate lines, not jumbled together)
Entered links would Clickable as Hyper links
Ability to search without needing to put in a search query or name of a member, if one of the multiple choice options is selected.

These are some of the top requests at my forum right now.

I need a PHP callback for a resource manager field so that the fields content can be parsed before it is viewed. As far as I can see I can do this with TH custom fields.

Does "unmaintained" mean you will never publish any update? Or does it mean it is turned into an addon only with paid support and bugfixes if necessary? @ThemeHouse

Does "unmaintained" mean you will never publish any update? Or does it mean it is turned into an addon only with paid support and bugfixes if necessary?

This add-on is open source and available for any developer to contribute to. It also means that we do not officially provide support for this add-on.

That said, there are plans to release a premium version of this add-on that has some new features included.

Jake

Top Bottom