[TH] Credits [Deleted]

Paypal integration ... cool ! (Note: it's an extra $20 USD, it's available here)

View attachment 97382
Buy products with the AD Credits system. (+$20)

The shop works with the AD Credits add-on. You can purchase products with credits. It is built for the AD Credits add-on and integrates with PayPal.​

Smart and Timely.

Does the shop manage payments via other methods besides just credits? Is anyone available to do some custom modifications to this package to meet individual site needs? The core is solid and perfect for what our needs are, but I will need further development to make it a long term suitable option for our community.

Does the shop manage payments via other methods besides just credits? Is anyone available to do some custom modifications to this package to meet individual site needs? The core is solid and perfect for what our needs are, but I will need further development to make it a long term suitable option for our community.
Only Paypal and they have said they don't intend to add more currently.

I've been using [TH] Credits for a few months, and while it's worked it is a bit lacking in functionality and not much attention has been shown to the Credit or Shop portion recently.

As far as custom modifications, I have been using @MtoR and he's been great to work with for a custom product type that integrates into another custom system we have.

In the next few months I am likely going to look into moving to DragonByte after testing for feature parity, and learning any quirks I'll have to deal with.

It's not going to work until they release an xF 2 version of the add-on. The last update was released in 2015, so...
The last update here was 2015, they have released some small maintenance updates, but there was no functionality added.

Credits has always been one of our most stable add-ons, and one of our largest. We've had some feature requests, but bugs have been pretty much non-existent for the last few years. Its one of our best sellers as well.

We do plan to port it to XF2, have started already, and plan to merge in the Shop so you don't need 2 add-ons. I dont have an ETA right now, but plans are underway!

Credits has always been one of our most stable add-ons, and one of our largest. We've had some feature requests, but bugs have been pretty much non-existent for the last few years. Its one of our best sellers as well.

We do plan to port it to XF2, have started already, and plan to merge in the Shop so you don't need 2 add-ons. I dont have an ETA right now, but plans are underway!

I am looking up addons for new forum...
I would be very interested in the credit system...
and I did notice last update 2015, so your saying this
is pretty stable with the last stable version of XF 1.5?

I also want to ask, can members contribute credits
to each other, or is there no option to giveaway credits?

So this addon is $40 and covers the first year,
then $20 year thereafter to continue updates?

Thanks

Not a TH staff, but as a Credits customer I can answer some of these :P

So this addon is $40 and covers the first year,
then $20 year thereafter to continue updates?
Correct. However, you are still allowed to use your addon for life without having to extend support unless needed to update. (Which as you stated hasn't happened since 2015). They do also have an add-on plan which you pay monthly and get access to all of their add-ons for one cost.

I also want to ask, can members contribute credits
to each other, or is there no option to giveaway credits?
Yes. Users can transfer credits. This is configurable in the options :)

I did notice last update 2015, so your saying this
is pretty stable with the last stable version of XF 1.5?
It is stable. There are a couple bugs to which I reported to them and have been fixed on my end. They have a bug tracker.

If you are interested in XenForo 2.0, you may want to check to see what their upgrade costs will be from 1.x add-ons to 2.x add-ons

If you want to see what this addon can achieve you can check out this:
https://www.gamerebels.com/shop/

However, I do have a lot of custom development done to the shop too! The basics can still be achieved though with the stock addon.

Hey @Jake B.

Credits transfer page is giving a HTTP Error 500 out of nowhere it seems. Here's the error from the log,

Code:
ErrorException: Fatal Error: Method XenForo_Template_Public::__toString() must not throw an exception, caught TypeError: Argument 1 passed to XenForo_Template_Helper_Core::helperIsMemberOf() must be of the type array, object given, called in /var/www/httpdocs/library/XenForo/Template/Helper/Core.php on line 853 - internal_data/templates/S.83,L.1,adcredit_wrapper.php:0
Generated By: Solidus, 1 minute ago

Code:
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}

any idea?

Hey @Jake B.

Credits transfer page is giving a HTTP Error 500 out of nowhere it seems. Here's the error from the log,

Code:
ErrorException: Fatal Error: Method XenForo_Template_Public::__toString() must not throw an exception, caught TypeError: Argument 1 passed to XenForo_Template_Helper_Core::helperIsMemberOf() must be of the type array, object given, called in /var/www/httpdocs/library/XenForo/Template/Helper/Core.php on line 853 - internal_data/templates/S.83,L.1,adcredit_wrapper.php:0
Generated By: Solidus, 1 minute ago

Code:
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}

any idea?

Not a quick fix? :confused:

Question & Answer Forums <- bridge -> [TH] Credits [Paid]

Hi,
best answer = add credit.
Like answer = add credit.
vs vs...

How?

Q&A Forums is for XenForo 2, Credits is only for XenForo 1 currently so this definitely isn't possible yet :)

Very much looking forward to the 2.0 update, and plan on purchase when ready @Mike Creuzer & @Jake B.

We want to be able to use points (we call them pwnies) to purchase a displayable icon in postbit and profile, and display a max of 5 at a time on postbit (and perhaps a profile page that can display all of them). This would bring back an exact feature that was incredibly popular for us back in the vB days!

Last edited:
Also that is really a good idea,merging both your credits and shops into one Addon, I like that you plan to do that :)

Top Bottom