[TH] Covers [Deleted]

We're currently in the process of investigating his installation. We've meanwhile published an intermediate update that eliminates a couple of potential trouble sources for people with ongoing issues.

Well the updates page states 1.1.0 is when 2.2 is supported, the previous was for 2.1, maybe that's why?
How should you be able to update from 1.0.4 PL 4, then? First you update XF from 2.1 to 2.2, then you update 1.0.4 PL4 to whatever is the most recent version (in @JoyFreak's case 1.1.0 PL 1). So he never was on the "faulty" version 1.1.0 in the first place.

How should you be able to update from 1.0.4 PL 4, then? First you update XF from 2.1 to 2.2, then you update 1.0.4 PL4 to whatever is the most recent version (in @JoyFreak's case 1.1.0 PL 1).
Yes, that's the intended process. You upgrade XenForo first, preferably with Covers (and all other add-ons) disabled, then you update your add-ons. Make sure to have a fresh backup at hand before throwing yourself into the upgrade process.

Nice to hear - will that result in a new version to account for your edge-case or was it something solely depending on your installation?
I can’t answer that because I don’t know the answer. The whole thing has been confusing from what was said by the team. I believe patch level 2 will hopefully prevent those issues in the first place. Lukas needs to release the update here.

so is there supposed to be an importer now for moving covers images from users profiles to the xf banner system? i tried the importer and it didn't do anything to anyone's banners (they are blank).

so is there supposed to be an importer now for moving covers images from users profiles to the xf banner system? i tried the importer and it didn't do anything to anyone's banners (they are blank).
There's an importer? All I did was upgrade to the latest version of Covers and it automatically converted the cover images. I didn't have to do anything else.

When I did the update, I was left in an infinite loop that never ended, like 3 hours waiting and nothing, a lack of respect for the users. If the plugin were free it would be understandable.

When I did the update, I was left in an infinite loop that never ended, like 3 hours waiting and nothing, a lack of respect for the users. If the plugin were free it would be understandable.
sounds like something is wrong on your server. try it again and see if the same thing happens.

It's not a server issue, we are all having this same problem. Looking further is a conflict between the update banner support from Xenforo and TH covers. They need to come up with a patch fix soon, and I'm sure they are hard at work doing so.

Yes, that's the intended process. You upgrade XenForo first, preferably with Covers (and all other add-ons) disabled, then you update your add-ons. Make sure to have a fresh backup at hand before throwing yourself into the upgrade process.

Per our developers folks :)

"Cover image" button is placed incorrectly. (Tested on XF default theme, too)

See screenshot:
cover button.png

Version: Covers 1.1.0 Patch Level 2

Yes, exactly.
You should be able to hit "Delete Cover" within the Cover drop-down although it depends on your user group permissions as well. You can also hit "Style Cover" again and change the color or delete it by clicking the "Delete" button within the pop-up menu.

You should be able to hit "Delete Cover" within the Cover drop-down although it depends on your user group permissions as well. You can also hit "Style Cover" again and change the color or delete it by clicking the "Delete" button within the pop-up menu.
That's the thing there's no delete option and not to mention they only appear on certain threads even though I have permissions set for all.

Last edited:
Top Bottom