[TH] Auto Merge Double Posts [Deleted]

two permissions
Two permissions times n user groups.

What is the recommended approach to upgrade? Uninstall old first, then install new? Install new, then uninstall old?
Seeing as some permissions have the same name as the "previous" add-on, wouldn't it delete the permissions when uninstalling the old one after installing the new one?

OK, a question. Does the add-on notify the user if someone mentioned him/her in the post? I think it does not and this is an issue!

And why does it show as double? Should I remove the old one?

1585250112861.webp

Last edited:
Auto merging is handled as post edit by the backend and behaves for most intents and purposes just like that. In other words if you don't get an alert when someone mentions you on post edit, you don't get one on auto merge either.

How does it work? A user repeatedly post more than one thread with the same title within N minutes in a forum will be automatically combined?

I just tried. Nothing really got merged.

2020-04-01_13-11-47.jpg

Registered and Administrative User Group

2020-04-01_13-16-16.jpg

2020-04-01_13-19-26.webp

Last edited:
One big thing for me, I wish we had group based exceptions. Like, for staff, to not automatically merge on time. Have a checkbox that says 'do not merge' or some other option.

I know it'd be a pain due to the nature of the process, but man it's annoying. We run a fight board (MMA) and some of the staff post repeats that the addon helps, like posting 10 times in a row adding new vid clips as they come up. But if they haven't expired the timeline and they want to make a new post that doesn't merge they don't have the option to bypass it.

thanks for the suggestion. Yeah I'm familiar with that, and that's what I'm forced to do in this situation, it's just not ideal
Why's that not ideal? Checking the checkbox on the post itself would be a conscious process, so you'll have to educate your staff to do it just the same way you'd have to educate them to avoid double posts now.

Why's that not ideal? Checking the checkbox on the post itself would be a conscious process, so you'll have to educate your staff to do it just the same way you'd have to educate them to avoid double posts now.
all or nothing isn't an elegant solution. most times he does want them merged, but there are times he doesn't and I can see times i wouldn't either.

Scenario. I'm doing updates on the server tonight. I make a thread listing my action items. As I think of more info I keep posting and it's merging everything.

When the work is done I make a final post, but i don't want it in that same merged post because it's completed and I want to show it stand alone.

Would be nice to have an option to tic a box and not merge.

not that big a deal but i would sure like to have the option. There are several times I'd like to reply to my thread without it merging. it just happens

IN reality I'm quite sure I could hack that in somehow depending on the procedures, I haven't looked. but as an addon maker he may like to know what some of his customers prefer. I would only allow it for mods or admins. the whole point of the addon is to clean up threads, so regular users wouldn't be using it.

Can anyone please share the query that can be used to replace leftover BBcode from WMTech's old add-on? We have postponed migrating to the Lucas W/ThemeHouse add-on for almost 3 years because of this.

Bug report:

When this add-on is installed, a user can manually add this BBcode to any post and get the result below.
Code:
[automerge][/automerge]

r34LlFv.png

Bug report:

When this add-on is installed, a user can manually add this BBcode to any post and get the result below.
Code:
[automerge][/automerge]

r34LlFv.png
That's known, but there's no way around it. As there is little point in adding it to your post manually, so there also hasn't been the need to action it.

Doesn't work. I set the option to Unlimited, doesn't work. Set it to 1, it works but i want it to merge forever which it doesn't.

Seems like a broken addon

EDIT: The unlimited option is useless. Set time instead and it works. Make sure you set the same time for every group.

Last edited:
The unlimited option doesn't work if you invert the merge time priority in the options, unless the user doesn't have any group that is not unlimited.

I just had a problem reported to me, and I've verified that it's accurate.

If someone posts consecutively and it contains a notice eg: @Lukas W. and those two posts are merged, it does not send the notice to the user.

This has become an issue for a couple people and i'm wondering if there is a fix?

Sorry if this has been covered already. Is there a way to set this so that new posts “bump” the thread (ie. they show as unread to other users and move up the list as if an ordinary reply was posted)? I seem to recall a plug-in of this nature on an older software version was like this.

Top Bottom