[TH] Auto Merge Double Posts [Deleted]

That's the point of merging the double posts, yes.
Na, for some people it's not. For some people it's more to keep the threads neat and tidy or to not increase post counts on double posts. That's why this suggestion was brought up:

Can you guys add an option to Mark threads which contain merged double posts as new? In my opinion it’s kinda confusing the way it works right now. Maybe you could add it as an optional setting for the next update? :)

Different users, different use-cases.

Na, for some people it's not. For some people it's more to keep the threads neat and tidy or to not increase post counts on double posts. That's why this suggestion was brought up:

Can you guys add an option to Mark threads which contain merged double posts as new? In my opinion it’s kinda confusing the way it works right now. Maybe you could add it as an optional setting for the next update? :)

Different users, different use-cases.

Such an essential bug and it hasn't been fixed yet. :eek:
It's no secret that TH products are great for specific use-cases when it fits on release, but lack in update philisophy tremendously. It might not look like an "essential bug" to you (as you so cynically put it), but getting left alone again and again does not feel good.

Last edited:

Obviously. Such an essential bug and it hasn't been fixed yet. :eek: We'll get to it with the next update wave, as usual.

That's sad! Because the users already knew it that way! This add-on for XF1 did it. Show a thread as unread if a double post was created. if the thread has been read in the meantime

Maybe you can add it as an option?

Auto Merge doesn't work for tapatalk users it seems? we thought it was someone messed up the settings but clearly not after testing :s

is it possible to add this at all?

just noticed there is already posts about auto merge via tapatalk? any update on this?

That's sad! Because the users already knew it that way! This add-on for XF1 did it. Show a thread as unread if a double post was created. if the thread has been read in the meantime

Maybe you can add it as an option?

We have no plans to add it at this time, sorry. We have all of our free addons on public GitHub repositories, so anyone who wants to implement this, can open a pull request to the repo and we'll review it.

just noticed there is already posts about auto merge via tapatalk? any update on this?
No, and we don't plan to look into that. If tapatalk doesn't follow the normal XenForo controllers, there's nothing we can do from here.

Yes, I think just moving the files is not enough since there are still occurances of the old string. For example:

\XF\Pub\Controller\Thread.php
Code:
$mergeRepo = $this->repository('KL\AutoMergeDoublePost:MergeTime');

But the namespace is:

\Repository\MergeTime.php
Code:
namespace ThemeHouse\AutoMergeDoublePost\Repository;

My guess is that we'll need to wait for a new version (preferably a fixed and upgradable one). How that could have worked while testing after development is beyond me.

What is the recommended approach to upgrade? Uninstall old first, then install new? Install new, then uninstall old? Since it isn't upgradable...

Just copy the settings and phrases over. We changed the namespace of the add-on, and miscommunicated internally that that already happened, so it got pushed earlier than planned. There isn't any migration planned however, seeing that there's only four options and two permissions.

Top Bottom