[TH] Auto Merge Double Posts [Deleted]

hello very nice addon but when i uploaded files on my host and i try to install addon from admin panel its given me error
The following errors must be resolved before continuing:
  • This add-on cannot be installed/upgraded because 7 files are missing.
anyone help me please thanks

I want to use this on my forum, will this be updated? Also, I found an error while trying to install it.

1518591687984.webp

@xTrisx - Question. Before you got whitelisted by your host, what was the addon doing? Mine does nothing, regardless of what permission setting I have.

@xTrisx - Question. Before you got whitelisted by your host, what was the addon doing? Mine does nothing, regardless of what permission setting I have.

It tried to merge but due to the permission, it didn't went through. So I have to contact our host to have modsecurity whitelist the site.

katsulynx updated Auto Merge Double Posts with a new update entry:

Changelog
Bugfixes & Changes
  • Attachments are now no longer lost when merging posts.
  • Merged posts are now checked for spam.
  • The static merge message has been replaced with a BB Code named [automerge].
    • The automerge BB Code can be fully customized, and comes with an own template in addition to style properties, for all your customization needs.
  • The merge time...

Read the rest of this update entry...

So is anyone else using this getting a persistent "draft"? Such as, you make the first post, and after you make the second post that gets merged the start of the second message will not go away until you "delete drafts". I have tested and determined that yes, it's this addon that's causing it. Not sure if this is a common thing or if there's a conflict with another addon.

Also, do you think it would be possible to change the double post time from hours to minutes? We'd like to have 15 minutes instead of an hour, but that's just our preference.

So is anyone else using this getting a persistent "draft"? Such as, you make the first post, and after you make the second post that gets merged the start of the second message will not go away until you "delete drafts". I have tested and determined that yes, it's this addon that's causing it. Not sure if this is a common thing or if there's a conflict with another addon.

That was a common bug. I've published a hotfix to tackle this problem. If you've already updated to 1.0.1, just upload the files anew, overwriting the old ones as usual on an update and you're good to go. The problem should be gone then.

Also, do you think it would be possible to change the double post time from hours to minutes? We'd like to have 15 minutes instead of an hour, but that's just our preference.

I'll think about covering this case in the next update.

Last edited:
The reason I'm bringing this up is that this was a really big deal with the older version of the XF1 addon that WMTech took over - it was originally structured exactly the way you've structured this one (without the exemption permission) and everyone complained. So I'm trying to help spare you that whole argument again. The only way to make this work in a manner that is instantly and easily integratable with an existing usergroup structure/philosophy is the way they did it.

I went through and had the same problem with that other add-on as well so I will never install this one. It never did work correctly. It caused too many problems due to the way it was originally done.

Last edited:
When posting via tapatalk, messages are not merged.

Exactly what @ozzy47 said. I don't know how tapatalk works, so I can't take it into considerations. From what I heard, tapatalk isn't that fond to supporting add-on content anyway, so I guess that's the price for using it. Iff adding support is a small effort and someone is able to point out how to do so, I'll add it of course, but I don't really want to work myself into tapatalk to check out if it could be done.

Top Bottom