[TH] Attachments Plus [Deleted]

Ooooh, this is so close to something I'd be after.

In short, on the screen where a user can browse their attachments could you guys add an icon (or icons, like how XFMG displays a few different copy to clipboard choices, depending on how many options might be wanted by others :P) to copy to the clipboard the attachment tag as a standard XF 'attach' tag?

Here's what I'd be after & why... over at Cameraderie it's not unusual for our members to cross-post the same photo in several different threads. What they've been asking for is a way of making it easier to do (like how XF offers an editor button to view their XFMG uploads). Nearly all of the images are posted in threads using the 'attach=full' option instead of thumbnails. After initially posting the attachment in Thread 123 our members would like the ability to then being able to quickly find that attachment again to post the same attachment in Thread 456. At the moment some are taking the effort to find Thread 123, find the attachment ID, and re-using it in Thread 456 while others are simply re-attaching the same duplicate image in thread 456.

So short term wish list.... add a 'copy attach=full' icon to the attachment listing for users to easily their existing attachments, long term wish list... add an option directly in the XF editor to browse their own attachments so they can be inserted into other threads.

And a question, is that trash can 'delete' icon permission set?

Anyone with the respective permission can access the attachment manager via his account dropdown menu.
Respectfully disagree. Nothing to do with attachments in the drop-down menu.
@Stuart Wright Would you mind checking to see what perms, if any, are available are showing for your usergroups with it installed? Looks like this add-on hasn't been added to the TH demo yet to check out.
1.webp
for the base usergroup, which is the default, but @Lukas W. my members are still reporting that they are getting a message that they have hit their attachment limit.
2.webp
So I have had to disable the addon.
Looks like an issue with permissions on this addon.

Respectfully disagree. Nothing to do with attachments in the drop-down menu.

View attachment 210734
for the base usergroup, which is the default, but @Lukas W. my members are still reporting that they are getting a message that they have hit their attachment limit.
View attachment 210735
So I have had to disable the addon.
Looks like an issue with permissions on this addon.
As a whole it sounds like there's an issue with your permission cache. I suggest rebuilding it. If the link still does not show up in your account dropdown afterwards, then check your template modifications.

Here's what I'd be after & why...
Well, that's not going to work! 🤦‍♂️ I forgot that you can't use [attach='full]{id}[/attach] in other posts, only the post that it was originally attached to. Attempting to use that tag in a different post results in just a link being displayed. Maybe the alternative would be to use a straight [img] tag to the attachment URL instead? Hhhmm..... 🤔 The good news though is that removing the trash can icon and then adding a new 'copy & paste' icon was easy enough, now it's just a matter of working out what to copy & paste. :LOL:

hello,
trying this out a bit.....couple things i noticed offhand....

is it possible at all to change the default display of attachment list???

seems to show them from oldest to newest but it makes a bit more sense to list from newest to oldest....

also...this ones not a big deal really, but im not seeing the link in acct wrapper side navigation....

the order display is kind of a big one tho as people dont generally need a front page list of things they posted 10years ago....how can we change display order?

thank you

is it possible at all to change the default display of attachment list???

seems to show them from oldest to newest but it makes a bit more sense to list from newest to oldest....
Seconding this request... changing the sort order by attachment date desc would make more sense.

@Iggy If you need/want an unofficial method of changing the sort order...

Modify your /src/addons/ThemeHouse/AttachmentsPlus/Pub/Controller/AttachmentManager.php file and below $finder->limitByPage($page, $perPage); add $finder->order('attachment_id', 'DESC'); and that should take care of it for you.

Slight bug.... when viewing the attachments tab on the profile page (eg: https://cameraderie.org/members/kevin.13697/#thattachplus-images) the page navigation links are not qualified to the current user. For example, page 2 is https://cameraderie.org/member/thattachplus-images?page=2 instead of https://cameraderie.org/members/kevin.13697/thattachplus-images?page=2
Added "attachments" link to the account wrapper side navigation.
Where exactly should that link be showing?
Added a new permission-based member profile tab listing their attachments.
Not sure if this would be considered a bug but in our use case scenario it's a little issue. At the Cameraderie photography forum we only allow image type attachments, no zip files or doc files or anything else other than images. By default the new options "Split image attachments into a separate profile tab" and "Hide empty profile tabs" are turned on. It looks like that if no non-image attachments are found then both tabs ("Attachments" and "Images") are being suppressed instead of the tab with no entries (so in our case it'd be expected that "Attachments" wouldn't show since nothing would be found but the "Images" tab would be shown).

Other than that, I really like that you added the profile tabs and included the option to break out the images. (y)

@Iggy If you need/want an unofficial method of changing the sort order...

Modify your /src/addons/ThemeHouse/AttachmentsPlus/Pub/Controller/AttachmentManager.php file and below $finder->limitByPage($page, $perPage); add $finder->order('attachment_id', 'DESC'); and that should take care of it for you.

thank you for this....ideally we would like to see a user selectable toggle menu for display....similar to amazon or most sites...

also a quick search in there for sites that have alot of attachments would be handy...

also a quick search in there for sites that have alot of attachments would be handy...
I was thinking along the same lines but what would be the suggested item to search by? The attachment file name, the content container title (the thread/resource/gallery title), date? 🤔

I was thinking along the same lines but what would be the suggested item to search by? The attachment file name, the content container title (the thread/resource/gallery title), date? 🤔
personally i like the attachment title.....which has a side benefit of encouraging ppl to actually name their photos....options are nice tho.......it is not uncommon around the internet to see multi filters like dates/relevance etc...

so, to summarize...my vote...

simple search by attachment name........then filter dropdown for ascending/descending....alphabetical, by date etc....

for the content container type search i feel the normal xen search is suffice....but it for sure would be a plus to not have to nav away for a simple search/filter imho.

Does this add previously uploaded attachments to the member's attachments list or starting from when the add-on was installed?

Top Bottom