TGDB Thread Starter for XenForo 1.x [Deleted]

can it be acheived in extra.css for custom node, i dont want dodgy addon.

this is it

https://xenforo.com/community/resources/custom-node-icon-icon-for-category.632/
It is possible to do it in extra.css, but that would be outside the function of this add-on and I wouldn't provide info on how to do it in this thread.

The add-on you listed is from XenForo 1.0 and for all purposes is obsolete. I'm surprised it works at all with 1.5. I'll see if I can do something to make it work with the addon, but that won't be until after the 1st of the year.

It is possible to do it in extra.css, but that would be outside the function of this add-on and I wouldn't provide info on how to do it in this thread.

The add-on you listed is from XenForo 1.0 and for all purposes is obsolete. I'm surprised it works at all with 1.5. I'll see if I can do something to make it work with the addon, but that won't be until after the 1st of the year.

i'll see what i can do in the mean time. Thanks

You can use CSS like all other nodes, check the code below:

Code:
.node.node_47 .nodeIcon {
    background: transparent url(http://www.gunchester.com/data/node-icons/53_1.jpg?1449143953) no-repeat top left;
}

Change the number 47 to the node_id you want to change the icon for it.

Thank you, i will give it a shot

Snog updated TGDB Thread Starter with a new update entry:

TGDB Thread Starter Update 1.0.4

An update to the TGDB Thread Starter has been released. Those that have purchased this add-on, please log into your account on my site to download this update.
  • Fix - Forum platforms and genres being lost
If you have forum platform or genre limiting enabled, please be sure they are still set. They may have been lost at some point with versions earlier than this one.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Today I noticed the all my images are broken and when trying to run the cron I get this error
Server Error
simplexml_load_string(): Entity: line 22: parser error : Opening and ending tag mismatch: meta line 9 and head
  1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
  2. simplexml_load_string() in Snog/TGDBThreads/Model/UpdateGames.php at line 44
  3. Snog_TGDBThreads_Model_UpdateGames->updateGames() in Snog/TGDBThreads/Cron/UpdateGames.php at line 22
  4. Snog_TGDBThreads_Cron_UpdateGames::updateGames()
  5. call_user_func() in XenForo/Model/Cron.php at line 357
  6. XenForo_Model_Cron->runEntry() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Cron.php at line 213
  7. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Cron->actionRun() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 351
  8. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  9. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/gemmagen/public_html/admin.php at line 13

The Games DB site is down so that's why your images aren't showing and Cloudflare is throwing a new error that isn't caught in the cron task. I'll issue an update to catch the error in the cron shortly.

Just to provide some information on the games database site, this is posted on their facebook page..

thegamesdb.webp

Until TheGamesDB is back online, I've put the add-on in the moderation queue on my site and it can not be purchased. Existing licenses can still download the latest version to keep their existing threads and system stable.

That is one of the reasons I point out in the thread on my site.

The others are that the data returned by the API is generally not friendly for use on other sites.
I dont know how this work but they use giant bomb API http://codecanyon.net/item/origins-video-games-portal/full_screen_preview/7960224 demo here http://www.origins-app.info/dashboard/settings

oie_zu_Ry50_Zbf2o7.png

Please don't turn this thread into a discussion about giantbomb and other sites.

Codecanyon does not provide programs for a forum/thread based site. That makes a huge difference.

Last edited:
Please don't turn this thread into a discussion about giantbomb and other sites.

Codecanyon is not a forum based site. That make a huge difference.
I am not turn anything just point you to find solution if there any of it.No furter replay on this post from me!!

Top Bottom