TGDB Thread Starter for XenForo 1.x [Deleted]

Hi,
A pres-sale question :
  • Automatically populates a header for the thread with the game box cover and information.
  • Automatically displays the game box cover and information in forum thread list.
Are those infos editable by the user ? I mean description, photo, video etc ?

So i can't change the text description by editing thread ?
As i am running a non-english speaking site.

So i can't change the text description by editing thread ?
As i am running a non-english site.

You can edit the thread but not the header which holds the content retrieved from TGDB.

Z16r6f7.png

Sorry to insist, but when you say you can edit the thread, can you edit this part for a translation ? :

capture-1.webp

Ok. Too bad. I have to find another solution then for my gaming section, may be the Showcase Addon.

Ok. Too bad. I have to find another solution then for my gaming section, may be the Showcase Addon.
Unfortunately The Games DB itself does not support other languages. So you would be translating every game that was posted, which could be a monumental task.

Hi @Snog
Without translating, just the possibility to Edit the thread content with my own review ;)
You CAN edit the thread, just not the game information. The game information is not a review, it's a description of the game from The Games DB.

You might want to take a look at the add-on as it's running on my site.
https://snogssite.com/threads/grand-theft-auto-v.1467/

The game information is above the thread, the thread itself is a normal XF thread.

Last edited:
The game information is above the thread, the thread itself is a normal XF thread.
Thanks
What i would like to change is :
Los Santos: a sprawling sun-soaked metropolis full of self-help gurus, starlets and fading celebrities, once the envy of the Western world, now struggling to stay afloat in an era of economic uncertainty and cheap reality TV.

Amidst the turmoil, three very different criminals plot their own chances of survival and success: Franklin, a street hustler looking for real opportunities and serious money; Michael, a professional ex-con whose retirement is a lot less rosy than he hoped it would be; and Trevor, a violent maniac driven by the chance of a cheap high and the next big score. Running out of options, the crew risks everything in a series of daring and dangerous heists that could set them up for life.

The biggest, most dynamic and most diverse open world ever created, Grand Theft Auto V blends storytelling and gameplay in new ways as players repeatedly jump in and out of the lives of the game's three lead characters, playing all sides of the game's interwoven story.

All the classic hallmarks of the groundbreaking series return, including incredible attention to detail and Grand Theft Auto's darkly humorous take on modern culture, alongside a brand new and ambitious approach to open world multiplayer.
Is it possible or not ?

No it's not. That is not the thread. That is the game information supplied by The Games DB.

Node icons are not controlled or changed by this add-on.

I use the addon that allows me to choose icons for forums nodes, the option to add them to these under TGDB is not there. I use
[******] Custom Node Icon 0.9

I use the addon that allows me to choose icons for forums nodes, the option to add them to these under TGDB is not there. I use
[******] Custom Node Icon 0.9
I don't have that add-on and I can't find it here.

Most likely, the problem is with that add-on. It's admin template modification of the forum_edit template (if it has one) might need it's execution order changed or what it looks for changed.

Top Bottom