Browser issue Text Overlapping in Member Card

CFMack

Affected version
I'm seeing this in my member card (apologies if this has been reported already. I did search).

image.webp

I tried to see it on your site, but when I checked, only you were online and I could only see your last activity time (not location), which may be a privacy setting. Thus, I don't think I could reproduce it.

Can you reproduce this here at all? Have you made any template edits? Do you know the name of the forum that you were viewing?

Finally, what browser/OS?

Thanks Mike.

Yes, I've reproduced this here (screenshots below).
No template edits whatsoever. Just two add-ons (Unread Post Count & Navigation Badge).
It was my forum (canobiefan.net). On the forum home.
Safari; iOS

image.webpimage.webpimage.webp

The only way I can find to solve this is to use display: inline-block; for elements like this, but I'm not certain that's preferable (and it exists within some fairly common styling, so it could have impacts elsewhere).

The most significant thing IMO though is that this is iOS 9 we're talking about and it doesn't seem to be affecting anything else. We officially only support the two most recent versions of any given browser, so in the case of iOS that's effectively any iOS 10 and iOS 11 devices, and we're quickly approaching iOS 12 so it won't be long before we no longer consider iOS 10 to be supported either.

I know with iPads and such there is the point that there's a limit to how much you can update them but the iPad 2 is 7 years old now so I don't think it's unreasonable to consider it unsupported, and indeed that is what Apple themselves have signalled by no longer providing updates for that model.

So I think we'll just have to chalk this one up as a browser issue, unfortunately.

Thanks, Chris, for looking into it. I do realize I am probably in the minority using iOS 9. I very rarely view these cards anyway, just perhaps once in a while to see the last activity of the Moderator on my forums, especially if he's been absent for a considerable length of time. Fortunately I am able to use my Mac to browse this forum and my own.

Top Bottom