Third party Text box wobbles when using the Grammarly browser extension

Cromulent

Affected version
When typing in a long post in Xenforo 2.0.9 on my website as well as on this website using the Grammarly extension the text box "wobbles" which makes it really hard to keep track of what you are writing.

It also shows scrollbars when they are not needed. This seems to be a bug with the core Xenforo experience as it happens here on Xenforo.com as well as on my own website with a custom theme installed.

Xenforo is the only bit of software that I have noticed that has this problem when using the Grammarly extension.

We have reported something similar to this issue to Grammarly before and they assured us that they were going to be making changes. This was maybe 18-24 months ago.

On the basis of this bug report, I thought I would update and re-enable Grammarly as I hadn't used it for a while, and I can't currently reproduce any issue.

I can see that things have improved since I last used it; notably, the little circular widget in the bottom right corner of the editor doesn't seem as intrusive as it used to be and I do recall it having a similar effect to what you're reporting here, so there may be some key differences in play.

Can you let us know, which browser you are using, which OS and the versions for these? If you are able to find it (I couldn't) also let us know which version of Grammarly you are running. Finally, if you can produce some sort of video which demonstrates the problem, that will make sure we're looking for the same issue you're reporting.

We have reported something similar to this issue to Grammarly before, and they assured us that they were going to be making changes. This was maybe 18-24 months ago.

On the basis of this bug report, I thought I would update and re-enable Grammarly as I hadn't used it for a while, and I can't currently reproduce any issue.

I can see that things have improved since I last used it; notably, the little circular widget in the bottom right corner of the editor doesn't seem as intrusive as it used to be and I do recall it having a similar effect to what you're reporting here, so there may be some key differences in play.

Can you let us know, which browser you are using, which OS and the versions for these? If you are able to find it (I couldn't) also let us know which version of Grammarly you are running. Finally, if you can produce some sort of video which demonstrates the problem, that will make sure we're looking for the same issue you're reporting.

I'm using 64-bit Chrome (version 68.0.3440.75) on Windows 10 Pro 1803 64-bit and version 14.857.1738 of the Grammarly extension.

I've made a video of the bug, but the forum won't allow it to be uploaded. Where should I send it?

Thanks for this. I can reproduce it on Windows.

I decided to check with the Froala developers to see if they had come across this before. They have and they have been in touch with Grammarly directly. Seems the issue lies with Grammarly and they haven't thus far been forthcoming in providing assistance.

You may wish to contact their support but it doesn't seem like there's anything we or Froala can do unfortunately.

Top Bottom