Texas Hold'em Poker [Deleted]

LuckyRiver

LuckyRiver submitted a new resource:

Texas Hold'em Poker - Texas Hold'em poker game for Xenforo

This is a separate web application which allows one to play real-time texas-hold'em poker using Xenforo authentication which means that existing users of a site use the same user/password to log on to the game.

Credits of the game go to Cubeia : http://cubeia.com .
The game is open source which makes this add-on FREE.

Board service is a specific module which bridges cubeia poker game with Xenforo.

Please take a look at documentation to those who are interested to install it....

Read more about this resource...

Reactions: DRE
I don't know much about poker, but when you get the leaderboards feature made, you could add an option to have "most..." or something in the forum stats block. :)

Holy cow the docs are long for this. Do you have to use MongoDB, you can't use MySQL?

Unfortunately, it's the way Cubeia designed it this way. Me too would like them to persist in MySQL. I'll ask them whether or not there is option not to depend on hand history and not using MongoDB. For now, you have to use MongoDB which is one of the requirements to run the server. I'll find more information.

Yes, I could make the doc shorter then you guys will have trouble for installation. Note this is a whole poker game package, server/client/backoffice designed to handle more than 1000 concurrent players if your server can handle the load.

I don't know much about poker, but when you get the leaderboards feature made, you could add an option to have "most..." or something in the forum stats block. :)

Yes, that's the idea! I plan to test it first on IP Content to display player stats on the home page.

If you like to know more about texas hold'em. Here are the tutorials :

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Unfortunately, it's the way Cubeia designed it this way. Me too would like them to persist in MySQL. I'll ask them whether or not there is option not to depend on hand history and not using MongoDB. For now, you have to use MongoDB which is one of the requirements to run the server. I'll find more information.

Yes, I could make the doc shorter then you guys will have trouble for installation. Note this is a whole poker game package, server/client/backoffice designed to handle more than 1000 concurrent players if your server can handle the load.

I guess in some ways the MongoDB being required is good as my clients will need to purchase dedicated RAM to use this, so I can only make MongoDB in cPanel accessable to only those that did, to avoid clients installing this not realizing this requires RAM to be dedicated to running the game.

Yay! That means I can use it because I use your hosting and have dedicated RAM!

Nahhh :P you have site RAM that's included in your package, this will be an add-on option like Enhanced Search that uses extra dedicated RAM only for Elasticsearch :)

Let me know if you guys have trouble installing it. It may seem a really complex installation process but it really isn't. The reason of going the entire lengthy process is help you understanding and mastering the different modules so later you will able to perform individually shutdown/restart. If I were to do, it would take less time to get it done but it will be not be fun and helpful besides of my not beeing able always here to provide assistance quickly if some problem arises. You all have are very detailed guides how to get it done. You will be also happy to learn that such detailed installation/configuration information does not even exist at Cubeia forum. I learn it the hard way to be able to make it so simple.

But you should not encounter any big issue except the first 3 steps which require install third party softwares. As more people got this installation working, knowledge of known issues and how-to will be shared to help installation get better. I don't think that can be make simpler than that.

Last edited:
What are the server requirements for this in terms of memory/processing? We currently have a dedicated server pushed to it's limits but would this work with a smaller VPS dedicated to it? Or does it need to be on the same physical server as the XF installation?

What are the server requirements for this in terms of memory/processing? We currently have a dedicated server pushed to it's limits but would this work with a smaller VPS dedicated to it? Or does it need to be on the same physical server as the XF installation?

As I've mentionned, minimum requirement is 1 gb but recommended is 2gb. You should be ok with 2gb. poker-admin does not need to be up all the times, so you can free for more memory and restart when you need to configure/add more tables or timings.

I've not taken into account apache and what other processes you may have running on your vps/dedicated server. Nowadays, application all runs on memory but more clients connected, game sessions will be created so more memory will be allocated. I don't have exact specs. But you can get an idea with simulation by running batch of bots from a different server and check with top command to view dynamic memory resource allocation. You can for example feed 1000 bots into the game to see if your vps can handle the load. I've fed 200 bots playing concurrently without any problem. Real-time play is rock solid since Cubeia uses websocket to push data to the client.

If your server is pushed to the limit then a small vps could do the job. You will need to change database config to point to your main server (dedicated). The game interacts only with xf database so it will work in remote. Basically, it needs to validate user's credential and retrieve forum profile. So, it will work, you will need to change localhost to the ip address of your xf database then. The only thing that you need to know with this scenario is the vps will either have different domain name or a sub domain name linked with the new vps ip address for your members to access the game. So to answer your question, it does not need to be on the same physical server and as long as you can connect to your database remotely, the game will be.

Top Bottom