XF 2.2 Testing w/PHP8: White Screen/Error

Rhody

I have a couple different XF forums, on the latest production version. They're on Litespeed servers with cpanel, and I used MultiPHP Manager to swap the php version.

I figured I would give PHP 8 a bit of a test run, to see if it works for me. I did this with current plugins enabled, as well as with the listeners variable set to false.

It comes up with a white screen, and when I look at the error log, it seems that it fails while trying to open the main database.

Both websites have the same behavior, and I'm stumped. Any hints to send me in the right direction?

[12-May-2021 19:48:31 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function mysqli_init() in /home/XXXX/public_html/src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Adapter.php:152
Stack trace:
#0 /home/XXXX/public_html/src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Adapter.php(28): XF\Db\Mysqli\Adapter->makeConnection(Array)
#1 /home/XXXX/public_html/src/XF/Error.php(85): XF\Db\Mysqli\Adapter->getConnection()
#2 /home/XXXX/public_html/src/XF/App.php(2348): XF\Error->logException(Object(Error), true, '')
#3 /home/XXXX/public_html/src/XF.php(196): XF\App->logException(Object(Error), true)
#4 [internal function]: XF::handleException(Object(Error))
#5 {main}
thrown in /home/XXXX/public_html/src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Adapter.php on line 152

MySQL version 10.3.28 (10.3.28-MariaDB-log-cll-lve)

This is not at all an emergency, and I was able to set them back to 7.4.16 - and they came right back to life. (real acct replaced with XXXX)

Thanks!
Mike

I didn't have anything like that in my recent upgrades of three forums to PHP8. However
  1. I use Apache not Litespeed. Does Litespeed claim to be compatible with PHP8?
  2. You are one version behind on the latest version of the MariaDB 10.3 series with 10.3.28. I'm on MariaDB 10.3.29, which is the current cPanel . Upgrading MariaDB might help.

I have a couple different XF forums, on the latest production version. They're on Litespeed servers with cpanel, and I used MultiPHP Manager to swap the php version.

I figured I would give PHP 8 a bit of a test run, to see if it works for me. I did this with current plugins enabled, as well as with the listeners variable set to false.

It comes up with a white screen, and when I look at the error log, it seems that it fails while trying to open the main database.

Both websites have the same behavior, and I'm stumped. Any hints to send me in the right direction?

[12-May-2021 19:48:31 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function mysqli_init() in /home/XXXX/public_html/src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Adapter.php:152
Stack trace:
#0 /home/XXXX/public_html/src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Adapter.php(28): XF\Db\Mysqli\Adapter->makeConnection(Array)
#1 /home/XXXX/public_html/src/XF/Error.php(85): XF\Db\Mysqli\Adapter->getConnection()
#2 /home/XXXX/public_html/src/XF/App.php(2348): XF\Error->logException(Object(Error), true, '')
#3 /home/XXXX/public_html/src/XF.php(196): XF\App->logException(Object(Error), true)
#4 [internal function]: XF::handleException(Object(Error))
#5 {main}
thrown in /home/XXXX/public_html/src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Adapter.php on line 152

MySQL version 10.3.28 (10.3.28-MariaDB-log-cll-lve)

This is not at all an emergency, and I was able to set them back to 7.4.16 - and they came right back to life. (real acct replaced with XXXX)

Thanks!
Mike
Show your php.ini (block extensions). Most likely you have disabled the "mysqli" extension.

Top Bottom