1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 Test surrounding > official transfer

Discussion in 'Installation, Upgrade, and Import Support' started by Lebron27, Nov 21, 2013.

1. Lebron27

Lebron27 Member

Hey guys,

I have bought Xenforo to install it on a test surrounding on a subdomain. I have been playing around with it and I really like it. So now my test surrounding looks exactly the way I want it, along with 15 plugins...

I it possible to load a completely new database into this test surrounding and copy/paste it? Or do I have to do a completely new transfer and reinstall every plugin?

It will cost me a lot of extra hours to redo it.

2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

You should be able to just backup the database and files and then move/copy them to the final location. You may need to update your database details in library/config.php and you'll also need to be sure that you set the "Board URL" option correctly.

3. Lebron27

Lebron27 Member

The problem is, I tested the forum with a copy of a database. I imported a copy of the database from my current PHPbb forum. Does this complicate things in a way it becomes impossible?

4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Adam Howard likes this.