1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 Test fb Integration failed also

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Steverd, Aug 4, 2013.

1. Steverd

Steverd Member

Setting up the FB integration on a new 1.2 install and it is failing.

Here is the Error:
    Given URL is not allowed by the Application configuration.: One or more of the given URLs is not allowed by the App's settings. It must match the Website URL or Canvas URL, or the domain must be a subdomain of one of the App's domains.

I have also made sure that my login page and the Site URL in the FB app matched exactly.

Both with the above error results.
  2. Steverd

Steverd Member

Could it have something to do with the fact that this is a new domain and I just set up the domain forwarding earlier today?

My domains are on 1and1.com, I have the DNS pointing to my forums on xfhost.net, but this is working OK. Might have nothing to do with the FB error above.

I don't need a dedicated IP for this to work do I???

3. Steverd

Steverd Member

Next findings:
    This is Working when I test with IE but
    still will NOT work when testing with Firefox and iPhone and iPad.
    Wow, what is going on?
  4. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

I think it may appear to work in IE if you're not logged in to FB. I don't get the error in Firefox until I login for example.

Can you take a screenshot of your FB app details? You can send me the link to it privately if you prefer. (You can block out the app ID/secret. I'm interested in the other details.)
  5. Steverd

Steverd Member

Problem solved by Mike! Thanks Man!
    Incase this happens to someone else and you are doing a search here's the answer:

It's a setting in XenForo: "Board URL".
    You can find it with the control panel search (upper right).
    It's not supposed to have a trailing slash.

and that was it!!
    I hope my screw up my help someone else!
    Kristie likes this.
  6. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

7. Steverd

Steverd Member

I know right!
    Can you believe I never even saw that message, let alone read it!!! :confused::D
    I am super thankful that Mike figured it out for me!
  8. Kristie

Kristie Member

Thanks for the info! This really helped me figure out what the issue was with FB not integrating!! :)
    Steverd likes this.
  9. MITK

MITK Member

Thanks for the help this helped me with setting up FB on the forums.