Terms of service...

Peggy

for those of you who run a non-business forum, what do you put in your Terms of Service/Rules?
Can anyone post the contents of your terms/rules page or a link to it? I'd like to get some ideas beyond the typical
  • You agree to not use this website to post any material which is defamatory, abusive, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violates any laws.
  • We reserve the rights to remove or modify any messages posted for any reason.
Thanks for sharing.

Thanks guys, I will go through these.

Anyone else? Dont' tell me that no one has tweaked their terms/rules page??

Thanks guys, I will go through these.

Anyone else? Dont' tell me that no one has tweaked their terms/rules page??
I haven't. Never had a need.
If someone is doing something what I consider inappropriate, I tell them.
It's my sandbox. I add rules as the need arises.
I don't expect anyone to read, let alone remember the terms they are agreeing to when they register.
My rules are placed in a sticky. Sometimes rules may be dependent on the section of the forum.

Good stuff everyone, thanks. This gives me a good framework for my own terms and rules.
Mucho appreciated!

A couple things I have in the TOS:
- we collect and store your IP address and use it in connection with normal forum practices (this is required by local law, otherwise I am not allowed to store their IP, which is kind of hard to achieve)
- we send your browser cookies, which are used to identify you, and decide what you have access to
- we use third-party ad-services, such as Google, their privacy policy is.....
- we use skimlinks, which results in all outgoing links to be redirected through our referral ID

And then the general things: no spam, no flooding etc.

A couple things I have in the TOS:
- we collect and store your IP address and use it in connection with normal forum practices (this is required by local law, otherwise I am not allowed to store their IP, which is kind of hard to achieve)
- we send your browser cookies, which are used to identify you, and decide what you have access to
- we use third-party ad-services, such as Google, their privacy policy is.....
Ooh, those are some very good points that I'll probably want to keep in mind. Thank you, Ati.

Surely you only need one line in your TOS?

"All your stuff are belong to us"

:D

TOS - "By visiting this site you acknowledge our sites claim to all rights possible known to mankind. Furthermore, you agree to sacrafice any and all rights humanly possibly including, but not necessarily limited to, any agreements made by the Geneva convention, and any future agreements made in the interests of interstellar relations."

I think that should about cover everything.

Top Bottom