1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 Terms and Privacy links

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by tommydamic68, Jan 11, 2014.

1. tommydamic68

tommydamic68 Well-Known Member

Is there a away to have both the terms and privacy policy have the same style as my forum, the header footer etc - easily? Right now the links are in the footer linking to HTML pages on my server.

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Link them to a Page node and add your HTML there.

3. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

Alternatively you could edit the phrase terms_rules_text and change your links back to this rather than your current page.

4. tommydamic68

I may be confused by what your saying, the current HTML page I have now with the info is ugly, and plain, I want it to have the same look as the site.

5. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

If you mean you want it like this http://www.seniorgamers.net/help/terms

Then doing as I suggested will work, or use Brogan's solution. Your choice.

6. tommydamic68

Thats the default terms and rules and turned on with the radio button in options, I am aware of that, can i change the information in that template to my own site terms ad rules? Can i add a privacy tab as well in that help section?

7. tommydamic68

how exactly is that done?

8. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Create a Page node.
    Update the custom URL.

tommydamic68 likes this.
  9. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

Yes I know it's the default terms and rules. You can simply edit the information there if you edit the phrase in my previous post.

For additional pages in there, you'll need @Jeremy's add-on
    http://xenforo.com/community/resources/xi-help-manager.2677/

10. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

Anyway, you've now got two options, both of which are pretty straightforward. Brogan's solution using page nodes (which is probably the easiest) or editing the phrase and using an add-on.

tommydamic68 likes this.
  11. tommydamic68

I have created the page, where do you link it to the privacy link in footer though.

12. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

Have you tried using the search in the ACP? Search in ACP is your friend, it'll find pretty much anything you need there. Type in Privacy Policy and you'll find it.

tommydamic68 likes this.