tempnam() warnings with PHP 7.1

af123

Testing with PHP 7.1, I see lots of errors like the following in my server error log:

Code:
Error Info
ErrorException: tempnam(): file created in the system's temporary directory - library/XenForo/Model/Avatar.php:124
Stack Trace
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'tempnam(): file...', '/data/web/hummy...', 124, Array)
#1 /data/web/hummy.tv/html/forum/library/XenForo/Model/Avatar.php(124): tempnam('/data/web/hummy...', 'xf')
#2 /data/web/hummy.tv/html/forum/library/XenForo/Model/Avatar.php(69): XenForo_Model_Avatar->applyAvatar(734, '/tmp/phpxQaO_Z', 2, 1536, 2048, Array)
#3 /data/web/hummy.tv/html/forum/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Account.php(563): XenForo_Model_Avatar->uploadAvatar(Object(XenForo_Upload), 734, Array)
#4 /data/web/hummy.tv/html/forum/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(351): XenForo_ControllerPublic_Account->actionAvatarUpload()
#5 /data/web/hummy.tv/html/forum/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#6 /data/web/hummy.tv/html/forum/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#7 {main}

I guess this is due to the new exception handling converting what was an error previously into an exception.

I think this may actually indicate that permissions haven't been set on the internal_data/temp/ directory as expected. Can you confirm whether the web server can write into that directory?

That directory doesn't exist in my installation but the parent (internal_data/) is writeable by the web server user.
I don't get the error with PHP 5.6 (and attachment/avatar uploads work fine), just with PHP 7.1.

I'll create that directory and see if it improves things.

I recently took over the forum and transferred it to a new host but the temp/ directory definitely isn't in the zip they gave me. Creating the directory resolves the problem though, thanks.

Thanks, this is just on my test site - I'm not planning to switch production to PHP 7.1 just yet.
The error must have been there with the old PHP version, just didn't trigger an exception before PHP 7.1.

Top Bottom