XF 1.3 Templates creating unexisting tags

Felomeno

Hi. I have found that the templates are creating sometimes an "unexisting" <a></a> tag and it causes my style to display incorrectly. The error is just showed to logged in members.

PHP:
<ul class="tabs"><a>
    </a><li class="active"><a></a><a href="members/">Most Messages</a></li>
    <li class=""><a href="members/?type=likes">Most Likes</a></li>
    <li class=""><a href="members/?type=points">Most Points</a></li>
    <li class=""><a href="members/?type=staff">Staff Members</a></li>
</ul>

That's the code for /members of my site and it's displaying like this:
5btxc.png

Do you have any idea?
It happens in all our styles, including Default Style.

Edit: if you check the source code... the extra <a> tag doesn't exist.

Last edited:
It happens with every style, even from previous backups.

Also, if we upload the skin to our test site and do the 1.3 style merge everything works just fine. Same addons, server and xF version.

We really need some help.

Edit: creating a new style (Default) the issue remains. File Health Check is OK.

First thing we tried was disabling every addon. We haven't installed anything new btw. Same setup for months except xF 1.3.

Last edited:
That's why @Steve F was saying it's likely a template modification (from an add-on, presumably). Look at the template modification list for a mod to this template (member_notable, I think?). You may need to disable it or contact the author.

That's why @Steve F was saying it's likely a template modification (from an add-on, presumably). Look at the template modification list for a mod to this template (member_notable, I think?). You may need to disable it or contact the author.
Hey Mike. I don't think it's a template modification. We just have 3 of them and I disabled all of them. The issue is still there.
Also, it's not only on that route. It's also in /personal-details and /alerts and some others.

This is other weird thing happening:

I checked the account_wrapper template (the one that is generating some of the tags).
I added a <span>test</span> and when I check the the forum, it displays test wrapped in the "unexisting" <a> tags:

<a><span>test</span></a>

Edit: we also disabled all the addons

Last edited:
Just to update this, as I solved this via tickets. The notice displayed had an unclosed anchor tag, which the browsers attempted to rectify and trickled down to cause the above issue.

Top Bottom