template_compiled-table over 200mb - what is wrong ?

LAPKBH

Hi.

I am importing my database from a different host, but i have one table - template_compiled - that is over 200 MB big - and:

1: that doesnt seem right.
2: i can upload only files under the size of 200 MB due to hosting providers restaints.
3: if i gzip it creates error.

What to do ? What is wrong with the table ?

Thanks in advance.

It contains a copy of all templates in all styles in all languages so if you have lots of styles and languages it will increase based on that.

They're compiled into PHP code that is executed.

There is an option to compile templates as PHP files and store them on the file system. This may be preferable but honestly in the grand scheme of things 200MB isn't really a massive amount of data.

Thanks for info. I managed to recreate the table and that made it possible to import it within the 200MB limit.

Thanks.

It does not change anything. :) Send a ticket to the hosting provider and leave the rest to them.
#1, that's not what you said - your post indicated to use that command yourself, not to submit a ticket - so it DOES change something.
#2, not all hosts will export the DB for you. They will tell you to use phpMyAdmin, and with the 200MB upload limit already in place on the current host - I have a feeling they aren't one of the more "co-operative" ones around.

#1, that's not what you said - your post indicated to use that command yourself, not to submit a ticket - so it DOES change something.
#2, not all hosts will export the DB for you. They will tell you to use phpMyAdmin, and with the 200MB upload limit already in place on the current host - I have a feeling they aren't one of the more "co-operative" ones around.

As I mentioned in my previous message, "It does not change anything". :) Uploading databases over 3mb in size via phpMyAdmin is not a healthy process. If they refuse, you can change the hosting provider.

Last edited:
Uploading databases over 3mb in size via phpMyAdmin is not a healthy process.
Depending on phpMyAdmin to upload ANY DB is not a "healthy process" but many have no other choice. And going to another shared hosting provider does not change that as they will also typically recommend using phpMyAdmin.
Of course, I know absolutely nothing about running standalone servers, nor servers set up to offer VPS capability nor shared hosting ability. :whistle:

Depending on phpMyAdmin to upload ANY DB is not a "healthy process" but many have no other choice. And going to another shared hosting provider does not change that as they will also typically recommend using phpMyAdmin.
Of course, I know absolutely nothing about running standalone servers, nor servers set up to offer VPS capability nor shared hosting ability. :whistle:

I guess you work in a hosting company? You need to have a cup of coffee and relax. (y)

Last edited:
I guess you work in a hosting company? You need to have a cup of coffee and relax. (y)
You guess wrong.
Worked as a LEO for many years, along with some time as a Correctional Officer and a Network Admin. Now retired and farkling with servers for fun.

Reactions: fly
Top Bottom