Duplicate Template Modifications - dislikes <xen:comment>

Adam Howard

So this doesn't seem to work even on the default style.

Template in question

sidebar_share_page

The goal?

Make it go bye- bye

How?

Wrap the whole thing with...
PHP:
<xen:comment>
</xen:comment>

OR as an alternative, tell XenForo's Template Modification to replace everything with an empty box.

The results?

Seems to apply to the master style, but never XenForo default.

Doing it manually without XenForo's Template Modifications, but directly inside the template and it works.

Last edited:
I can't reproduce this.

I did a find with this regex:

Code:
/^.*$/s

And replace of:

Code:
$0

And it worked on the default and a custom version of the template.

(Same with an empty replacement.)

I can't reproduce this.

I did a find with this regex:

Code:
/^.*$/s

And replace of:

Code:
$0

And it worked on the default and a custom version of the template.

(Same with an empty replacement.)

I was not using $0 or

Code:
/^.*$/s

I did it old school and copied the whole thing in the find box, then did pasted the whole thing in the replaced box wrapped around with <xen:comment> </xen:comment>

I deleted a post here in this bug report & now I'm thinking maybe it should have stayed...

Is there a character limit?

And if so, I'd call that a bug. Because there are edits that sometimes require reformatting virtually most the template. Almost replacing the whole thing, but not all of it. And rather than make a bunch of TMC entries, it would be better to make just 1.

It's not a character limit. You ran into a different bug. Please re-add your customization in the latest version.

That said, simply replacing the whole template like that sort of defeats the point of the system as a single character change would break the modification...

That said, simply replacing the whole template like that sort of defeats the point of the system as a single character change would break the modification...

I disagree....

If the modification / customization requires reformatting a template with 25 (for example) different edits (or more)... It would be easier to just do 1 TMC entry vs 25 TMC entries.

But this post was made before the release of beta 1 & 2. I'll try that.

Top Bottom