• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Duplicate Template Modifications - dislikes <xen:comment>

Adam Howard

So this doesn't seem to work even on the default style.

Template in question

sidebar_share_page

The goal?

Make it go bye- bye

How?

Wrap the whole thing with...
PHP:
<xen:comment>
</xen:comment>
OR as an alternative, tell XenForo's Template Modification to replace everything with an empty box.

The results?

Seems to apply to the master style, but never XenForo default.

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
I can't reproduce this.

I did a find with this regex:

Code:
/^.*$/s
And replace of:

Code:
$0
And it worked on the default and a custom version of the template.

(Same with an empty replacement.)

Adam Howard

I can't reproduce this.

I did a find with this regex:

Code:
/^.*$/s
And replace of:

Code:
$0
And it worked on the default and a custom version of the template.

(Same with an empty replacement.)
I was not using $0 or

Code:
/^.*$/s
I did it old school and copied the whole thing in the find box, then did pasted the whole thing in the replaced box wrapped around with <xen:comment> </xen:comment>

I deleted a post here in this bug report & now I'm thinking maybe it should have stayed...

Is there a character limit?

And if so, I'd call that a bug. Because there are edits that sometimes require reformatting virtually most the template. Almost replacing the whole thing, but not all of it. And rather than make a bunch of TMC entries, it would be better to make just 1.

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
It's not a character limit. You ran into a different bug. Please re-add your customization in the latest version.

That said, simply replacing the whole template like that sort of defeats the point of the system as a single character change would break the modification...

Adam Howard

That said, simply replacing the whole template like that sort of defeats the point of the system as a single character change would break the modification...
I disagree....

If the modification / customization requires reformatting a template with 25 (for example) different edits (or more)... It would be easier to just do 1 TMC entry vs 25 TMC entries.

But this post was made before the release of beta 1 & 2. I'll try that.