Fixed Template modification key prevents add-on install

Most likely this is caused by a line break in the XML file done automatically by the editor software. You may want to check that.

OK, Any Mods online please merge this thread to Extra Portal Discussion Thread.
But I don't encounter this before :/

Just an update, I don't have this kind of problem on XenForo 1.4.0 Beta 2 and below.
I just tested now on 1.4.0 beta 2 board.

Just did some diff comparisons on the new code.

It's this:

PHP:
if (preg_match('/[^a-zA-Z0-9_]/', $key))
{
    $this->error(new XenForo_Phrase('please_enter_an_id_using_only_alphanumeric'), 'modification_key');
    return false;
}

The verification of the template modification key.

I never knew that it wasn't already constrained to those characters, but it was. Seems like Extra Portal has modification keys such as:
add simpleportal promotelink

It tends to be the description copy and pasted, it seems.

The modification key always had this restrictions in its description. It seems like a bug fix, because this should always have been checked.

Anyway: This problem is caused by Extra Portal and has to be fixed by its developer.

The modification key always had this restrictions in its description.
That's not entirely true. The description on the page at is (and always has been as far as I can remember): This is used to uniquely identify a modification across add-on upgrades.

But you're right. It's a reasonable change for XF to have made and would be an add-on fix.

This wasn't actually supposed to trigger when installing or upgrading an add-on. It was mostly to get the add-on developers to be aware of it when creating or changing. I just forgot that, of course, this check would run on installation of an add-on.

So the check now only runs when you try to edit the modification (which would require a change to push anything through).

Top Bottom