1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Template issues since upgrade

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by lazer, Apr 15, 2013.

1. lazer

lazer Well-Known Member

Hey guys :)

Since upgrading to 1.1.4 we have seen a number of issues relating to outdated templates. In the past I have asked the theme designer to login and sort these out for us (paid, of course). Unfortunately, it would seem that his life has become busy, in other ways, since he created the theme.

This leaves me with the (daunting) task of looking at these issues myself. I know about reverting the template and re-applying the updates but to be honest, I am not a coder or designer and I would probably mess something up! I wonder if someone could point me in the right direction, for the following please...

In RM we see this overlay of text - plus the text behind is the wrong colour for the background. Which template does this relate to?
    rm1.PNG

When inserting images, links etc into posts, it seems that our buttons have now "stacked", as opposed to how they were previously, alongside one another:
    rm2.PNG

In Resource Manager, we cannot upload files. The overlay pops up and you can select the file you wish to upload but the overlay just stays there and when you close it, the file hasn't been uploaded. It works fine in the default xF style.

Here is a list of our outdated templates:

attachment_upload_overlay
    events.css
    footer
    form.css
    forum_list
    forum_view
    help_wrapper
    member_card.css
    member_view
    message_user_info.css
    navigation
    navigation_visitor_tab
    node_forum_level_2
    node_page_level_2
    public.css
    search_bar
    search_results
    thread_list_item
    thread_view
    xenforo_overlay.css
    xenforo.css

Thanks for looking in :D

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Take a copy of the current outdated templates.

Revert each one in turn, do a comparison between the two version and merge the custom edits into the now reverted template.

Notepad++ is a useful editor for this.

Alien and erich37 like this.
  3. lazer

lazer Well-Known Member

Thanks Brogan(bot) - damn that was fast.

I am ok with the theory, it's just that I don't think I have the kahuna's to edit our busy live site. I guess I'm worried that by changing the code in the template, it will have an effect on something else...

4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

lazer likes this.
  5. Andy.N

Andy.N Well-Known Member

I seem to have the problem with the insert link buttons on the popup as well in Flexile style. Haven't got time to figure out which outdate template caused it.

6. lazer

lazer Well-Known Member

I think I need a skilled trustworthy person to do this for me. I'm just out of my comfort zone when it comes to this stuff....