Template issues since upgrade

lazer

Hey guys :)

Since upgrading to 1.1.4 we have seen a number of issues relating to outdated templates. In the past I have asked the theme designer to login and sort these out for us (paid, of course). Unfortunately, it would seem that his life has become busy, in other ways, since he created the theme.

This leaves me with the (daunting) task of looking at these issues myself. I know about reverting the template and re-applying the updates but to be honest, I am not a coder or designer and I would probably mess something up! I wonder if someone could point me in the right direction, for the following please...

In RM we see this overlay of text - plus the text behind is the wrong colour for the background. Which template does this relate to?
rm1.webp

When inserting images, links etc into posts, it seems that our buttons have now "stacked", as opposed to how they were previously, alongside one another:
rm2.webp

In Resource Manager, we cannot upload files. The overlay pops up and you can select the file you wish to upload but the overlay just stays there and when you close it, the file hasn't been uploaded. It works fine in the default xF style.

Here is a list of our outdated templates:

attachment_upload_overlay
events.css
footer
form.css
forum_list
forum_view
help_wrapper
member_card.css
member_view
message_user_info.css
navigation
navigation_visitor_tab
node_forum_level_2
node_page_level_2
public.css
search_bar
search_results
thread_list_item
thread_view
xenforo_overlay.css
xenforo.css

Thanks for looking in :D

Take a copy of the current outdated templates.

Revert each one in turn, do a comparison between the two version and merge the custom edits into the now reverted template.

Notepad++ is a useful editor for this.

Thanks Brogan(bot) - damn that was fast.

I am ok with the theory, it's just that I don't think I have the kahuna's to edit our busy live site. I guess I'm worried that by changing the code in the template, it will have an effect on something else...

I seem to have the problem with the insert link buttons on the popup as well in Flexile style. Haven't got time to figure out which outdate template caused it.

Top Bottom