Implemented Template Hooks

• Thread starter Thread starter ragtek
  • Start date Start date
R

ragtek

Sure that the Beta 3 Templates are ok?

I couldn't find any <xen:hook> in the templates.
We have the code listener but how can we use it without hooks in the templates?

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Sure that the Beta 3 Templates are ok?

I couldn't find any <xen:hook> in the templates.
We have the code listener but how can we use it without hooks in the templates?

It looks like it is the first step in adding template hooks, and was just included as part of this beta release as most owners would not have debug mode set to on.

Yeah, as mentioned in the announcement, the framework to implement it was added, but the templates haven't been updated to use them yet. If there are particular places where you're interested in adding things, do let us know. :)

Yeah, as mentioned in the announcement, the framework to implement it was added, but the templates haven't been updated to use them yet. If there are particular places where you're interested in adding things, do let us know. :)
Where we should post these requests? In this thread? :)

I had hoped that the developers make the right choices and implement a system such as TMS. IMO, such tweaks is not right way. It looks like a stupid system hooks in vB. There was suggested a great solution. It may be worth thinking about this?
I thought the same, but ok.. they choosed to implement it this way, we have to live with it^^

Next request: html head: to be able to add own js files and other elements (for example for my global rss feed)

I thought the same, but ok.. they choosed to implement it this way, we have to live with it^^
Oh.. Listen, m8, its not so fatal. =) I only think about buying xenForo, weigh the pros and cons and still thinking whether I want to buy this engine or not. In any case, it`s only a beta and developers can listen to the opinions of consumers of their product and modify it for the better. Perhaps if the developers would choose such dead-end ways, I still remain to use vB, because I dont see any difference for the better side. ;)

Next Request => Admin Template addon_list
It would be cool, to be able to add own links into the popup menu.
under:
Code:
<xen:link href="{xen:adminlink 'add-ons/edit', $addOn}" displayif="{$canAccessDevelopment}">{xen:phrase edit}</xen:link>
For example i had to edit the template to add
Code:
<xen:link href="{xen:adminlink 'add-ons/createZip', $addOn}" displayif="{$canAccessDevelopment}">create zip</xen:link>
<xen:link href="{xen:adminlink 'add-ons/editInstallCode', $addOn}" displayif="{$canAccessDevelopment}">link sql tables</xen:link>

Hello

Can you add template hook to allow us to easily add plugins into tiny_mce? Probably editor_js_setup or some another template. Some JS injection for plugins will be also needed.

Implemented.

In page_container_js_body. An addon I'm writing needs a good home for phrases and options passed to the JS, and I'm sure they'll be warm and cozy next to XF's data. :)

Please add three hooks there:
Template 'message_user_info' after:
HTML:
<div class="avatarHolder"><xen:avatar user="$user" size="m" itemprop="photo" /></div>
Template 'message_user_info' after:
HTML:
<xen:if hascontent="true"><em class="userTitle" itemprop="title"><xen:contentcheck>{xen:helper userTitle, $user}</xen:contentcheck></em></xen:if>
Template 'message_user_info.css' at the end.
This hooks are required by Online Status addon.
Thank you.

The following hooks are important to me...

Above First Post in Thread (before the pagenav)
Below First Post in Thread
Above Thread List in Forums
Above Forums List in ForumHome
Create Thread Form, below the FIRST Create button

My requests..

• member_view (2 to add new tabs and their content)
  • navigation (ability to add new list items to stock tabs)
  • navigation_visitor_tab (to add new items to the dropdown menu)
  • account_wrapper (to add new menu items to the account sidebar)
  • thread_create and thread_edit (to add new form fields)
  • PAGE_CONTAINER (above <!-- main template -->)
  • account_personal_details (to add new options/detail fields)
  • editor, editor_quick_reply, and editor_ui.css (mostly for this addon)
Thanks.

Top Bottom