Implemented Template Hooks

• Thread starter Thread starter ragtek
  • Start date Start date
R

ragtek

Sure that the Beta 3 Templates are ok?

I couldn't find any <xen:hook> in the templates.
We have the code listener but how can we use it without hooks in the templates?

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
I enjoy working with the template system and gaining a better understanding of it, but my XF site is making an unusual amount of money for the level of effort I've put into it so far (which means I need to start getting serious about it). There are some places where a constant ad is worthwhile, but I've found that it's beneficial (for both myself and users) to use them in strategic places; rather than displaying something they will eventually learn to ignore.

Would it be possible for the hooks system to list what was available, and allow an admin to associate a custom template that is displayed before or after the hook? I don't think this would completely replace template edits, just reduce them a bit.

thx for the hooks:)

One more request:
Template: navigation_visitor_tab

Attachments

• foo.webp
    foo.webp
    27.7 KB · Views: 13
Yeah, as mentioned in the announcement, the framework to implement it was added, but the templates haven't been updated to use them yet. If there are particular places where you're interested in adding things, do let us know. :)
Mike, any notice on any of these being added to XenForo before gold? There's quite a few suggestions posted here but I don't think any have been implemented yet (not that I've noticed).

One thing I constantly run in to appears to be that the code ends up at the bottom, but I always want it at the top.
Is it perhaps a suggestion to have a flag in the .php listener code I could use to inform it I want it at the top, rather than the bottom? That way we need less hooks, and it's much more dynamic.

at the start:

$foo = 'new text';
$content = $foo . $content;

at the end:

$content .= $foo; // is the same as $contents = $contents . $foo;

;)

Mike, any notice on any of these being added to XenForo before gold? There's quite a few suggestions posted here but I don't think any have been implemented yet (not that I've noticed).
A number of them have been implemented and we're looking at some others.
Would it be possible that the devs edit the original post and add a little message "implemented in RC2" "implemented 1.0.0", "already possible, check hook foobar"?
ATM it's really a chaos and nobody knows if the request will be implemented or not

Top Bottom