1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TeeVee Town

Discussion in 'Forum Showcase and Critiques' started by Lisa, Sep 14, 2014.

1. Lisa

Lisa Well-Known Member

teeveetownlogo.png

Do you watch television? TeeVee Town existed for a short while a few years ago, but due to one thing and another the site was eventually taken offline. But now, under fresh management and with a gorgeous new look (courtesy of @Sheldon ) we're proud to announce its rebirth.

As always, TVT is still a work in progress, but we are open for business. We have some custom things already in place for members to play with, so let's take a look at what we're offering so far.

Of course, there's the forum - we've set this up so there is a specific area to post about shows (using @Snog's TV addon) and also a more general area to chat about tv-related things that may not work well within the specific show threads. We also offer a place to talk about the Online Streaming Services currently on offer.

teeveetalk.png

As well as this we have also added a specific section dedicated to some of the most popular shows on TV at the moment - as the site grows and shows change and evolve, we can see this section also changing its lineup and it is something we are planning for - by asking our members to vote for their favourites at various times to keep this section up to date with our members preferences.
    favourites1.png favourites2.png
    ( if you tell me to remove Supernatural as a favourite, I may have to hunt you down and kill you ;))

We have gone with the horizontal postbit for our choice on TeeVee Town and that's so we can offer our members the ability to display what Streaming Services they use:-
    streamingoptions.png

These options can be selected via Personal Details
    streamingoptions1.png

We also offer our members the ability to choose to highlight three of their favourite shows in the postbit
    favouritesoptions.png

And these can be selected via the Preferences options. There are around 402 shows to choose from - so that's over 1200 options added (402 (ish) x 3) You have to admire @Sheldon's commitment for doing that :D

favouritesoptions1.png

As always, there is more to come. . .but that's today's preview. Hope you like what you've seen :)

http://teeveetown.com

Alien, IkeVe, Jay and 10 others like this.
  2. Sheldon

Sheldon Well-Known Member

Full view of the postbit...

horiz.gif

IkeVe, Crimson, ggace and 4 others like this.
  3. Sheldon

Sheldon Well-Known Member

Trying to give a bit more information on stickies used:

Screenshot_3.png
    Screenshot_4.png
    Screenshot_5.png

IkeVe, Lisa and Bob like this.
  4. AzzidReign

AzzidReign Well-Known Member

Nice work guys. I need to hop back on soon. Been hella busy with weddings and traveling... And being sick. After next weekend no more travels! :)

Dakis, Lisa and Sheldon like this.
  5. dieketzer

dieketzer Well-Known Member

i remember this site! arnie was it? i didnt realise it had gone defunct.

6. Enguerran A

Enguerran A Well-Known Member

Damn, it looks great ! Did you made an addon to display favourites series? I might be interested in something like that :p

Dakis likes this.
  7. Lisa

Lisa Well-Known Member

No add on I don't think, just the @Sheldon touch :D

8. Dakis

Dakis Well-Known Member

Yeah, we didn't have enough time in our hands back then I guess, and I do hope Arnie comes back to it soon :)

Also be aware there is a Jericho clan already gathering its forces at the site :D

AzzidReign and Lisa like this.
  9. Lisa

Lisa Well-Known Member

Bah LOL

Dakis likes this.
  10. AzzidReign

AzzidReign Well-Known Member

Must be a Firefly fan :sleep:

11. meetdilip

meetdilip Active Member

Nice Skin.

Dakis likes this.
  12. Lisa

Lisa Well-Known Member

Sheldon special :)

meetdilip likes this.
  13. imthebest

imthebest Formerly Super120

Good skin. Congrats for your site!

I didn't knew @Sheldon was part of Audentio Design!

Dakis likes this.
  14. Dakis

Dakis Well-Known Member

He isn't as far as I know - why would you think he is? We are indeed using an Audentio skin, but @Sheldon is customizing it.

15. Barbossa

Barbossa Active Member

How bout this one? Really love the idea, man!
    http://teeveetown.com/quotes/

Dakis likes this.
  16. AlexKim

AlexKim Member

Really nice theme. Keep it up

Dakis likes this.
  17. tajhay

tajhay Well-Known Member

Very nice use of the Rogue theme!

Mike Creuzer, Lisa and Dakis like this.
  18. IkeVe

IkeVe New Member

Really nice community! Love the design!

Mike Creuzer, Lisa and Dakis like this.
  19. ggace

ggace Active Member

Oddly enough, not my browser of choice but at work I am forced to use I.E.

Running I.E. 8, each time I visit the page I.E. crashes. I don't have the same effect on firefox or chrome.

20. Goodfella

Goodfella Active Member

Im a registered member but inactive, I love what you have done with th website!

Dakis and Lisa like this.