1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TecnoGaming Forums

Discussion in 'Forum Showcase and Critiques' started by Alex Vojacek, Mar 9, 2013.

1. Alex Vojacek

Alex Vojacek Member

Well, I don't wanna start a forum wars, I will give you just hard facts, something I learned the ugly way.

This is how my community fall apart after changing from xenforo to ipboards a couple of months ago...

You can pretty much see the "ZERO visits" the day I did the change, November 2012.

The graph speak for itself...

This is my community now, after learning the lesson...

'nuff said about xenforo.

I think that my Gaming & Hardware community will appreaciate us going back...

Do you guys like it?. The themes are all my own making.
  2. oman

oman Well-Known Member

Style looks great. Nice forum! :)
  3. The Forum Heroes

The Forum Heroes Well-Known Member

I like this a lot.. One thing you might want to change though is your user title "CEO / Webmaster" CEO just seems to corporate for a gaming community.
  4. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

nice looking style. Greens are always welcomed. :p one thing though, the category-23px-light.png gradients needs replacing/replaced imo on your categorystrips and last post and probably other areas for something that is better suited for a dark style. Otherwise nice work. :)
  5. Carlos

Carlos Well-Known Member

Nice site! (y) Very nice design.
  6. vijaichander

vijaichander Active Member

Nice skin IMO :)
    BTW can you say me where you got the "login with steam" plugin?If its made by you,willing to share it?:)
  7. Andrej

Andrej Well-Known Member

8. vijaichander

9. vijaichander

10. Alex Vojacek

Alex Vojacek Member

Yes it does. All my users are login in with Steam and that plugin just fine :)
  11. vijaichander

Omg!I have been a fool :eek:.Im always signed in to my forum and didnt notice that there is a steam login button in login dropdown tab :D.Notice that when I visited my site from my mobile for 1st time :).

Again,how did you get steam login to be on right side bar?
  12. Lucas

Lucas Well-Known Member

Nice looking site, is this style customized by yourself? I'd suggest trying a darker gray or a lighter gray on the gradients for nodeTitle though, it feels kind of weird when looking at it, IMO.
  13. Slavik

Slavik XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Looking good, agree with the comments on the greys though, a little more contrast would probably make the design a little better
  14. Biker

Biker Well-Known Member

Agreed. I've always like CCBW myself. (Chief Cook and Bottle Washer) :D
  15. Alex Vojacek

Alex Vojacek Member

I'm taking all advices, they are all great.
    As soon as I have the new taigachat pro installed and working will get on to fix all the greys that are "off". :)

Style was made using xenforo default so yes, all colors, and buttons are made by myself so, yes, it's hard to get it right, need more work!
  16. Alex Vojacek

Alex Vojacek Member

It happens that I am in fact the CEO and Webmaster of my community, since TecnoGaming is not only a gaming reviews site.

http://games.tecnogaming.com but also a Hardware reviews site: http://hardware.tecnogaming.com

Also, our portal handles IT news and Bussiness related news: http://www.tecnogaming.com

So, we have to deal with a lot of corporate hardware manufacturers such Gigabyte, Asus, Sentey, Intel, and they need to know who the CEO is. We even have ASUS representatives on our forums.

If you look at our forums, it has a "theme" called "hardware", that too was made by me. It's just that the Games theme is pre-selected as default.

Both themes try to 'mimic' the Games Reviews and hardware Reviews sites, respectively. That was the idea.
  17. Luxus

Luxus Well-Known Member

It's a very nice looking and clean style. Good work.
    Alex Vojacek likes this.
  18. Alex Vojacek

Alex Vojacek Member

Not to bash on ipboards or anything...

First week of back to xenforo..
    Can you see the increase back again???

I think people speak themselves about their likes.

Attached Files: