Add-on TeamSpeak 3 Integration [Paid or Crowd-funded]

Daphonic

I've only found 1 old TeamSpeak add on and nothing else. I'm looking for an Add on that does what Enjin.com does.

Looking for the ADD ON to do the Following
  • Site gives Privilege key to sync up user
  • User's Ranks/Group Sync
  • Website shows when User is Logged into TeamSpeak.
  • Can Assign a Rank for Each User Group

As stated here, I'm willing to create a solution for this if enough people are interested. I guess a crowd-fund could work but I know there've been troubles with them in the past.

Alrighty so than can you anwser some questions.

1. What Features would you be doing?
  2. How much do you need to start this Add on?
  3. How long do you think something like this would take?

Alrighty so than can you anwser some questions.

1. What Features would you be doing?
  2. How much do you need to start this Add on?
  3. How long do you think something like this would take?
Features wise, I was going to do syncing between the server groups on TS and the user groups on XF. Also going to do widgets and pages to display who's online and in which channel, etc. From your initial post, I take it you want a way to automatically assign people in X usergroup on your site to be added to Y server group on TS?

As for the 2nd and 3rd questions, I can't give a concrete answer yet. I'm hoping to look in to the TS API and get a feel for how much work it would be before announcing any further specifics.

Well if you can Honestly Pull this off. I've seen a few people on here willing to pay for such a Add On... So figure out a price get back to me with a $$$ Number and well start the talks. This is an Add On, I VERY MUCH want and Need for my upcoming plans.

Reactions: Naz
The existing (unmaintained) TS3 add-on has worked great for my gaming community, and if a new version were created, I would hope to see it continue the same features at a minimum. I also agreed with the development roadmap that the existing TS3 add-on's developer shared at one point (I can't find it right now), specifically the planned ability to assign channel groups according to forum permissions (not just server groups).

It's the assigning of TS3 groups according to forum usergroups that has been enormously useful. We have a rank structure and no one has to worry about manually assigning permissions on the TS3 server. For example, if an applicant is granted membership to the community, TS3 hooks them up with everything they need automatically; same if they're removed.

I am mostly concerned with the possibility that the existing TS3 add-on might become incompatible with future versions of XenForo. New features are secondary in my opinion.

If someone were to commit to a developing a new version, I'd prefer that they simply charge a premium price for a usage license. I'll contribute to crowdfunding if it is necessary to get the add-on off the ground and the developer looks credible, but it would be nice to avoid the drama that could occur if anything goes wrong with the development timeline.

@NixFifty have you looked into how much this would Cost upfront to do?
Looked in to it and the API. I anticipate it'd cost upwards of abut $700 to get a good solid base going to work from. Of course that includes a number of features so I guess it's really what people are interested in. Mostly the syncing between server groups and user groups, a basic server client viewer, etc but it doesn't look overly complex.

How long would it take you to get the basic frame work done? The Syncing of Groups with Server Groups, and showing people they are Online on TS. @NixFifty

How long would it take you to get the basic frame work done? The Syncing of Groups with Server Groups, and showing people they are Online on TS. @NixFifty
I can start relatively soon. Just got one or two add-ons to complete. So it depends when I start I suppose.

Let me know when you can Start. Curious how you will do payments. Could you take 300$ to start? get the basic features set up? then put price tag on it for other people to get it?

Let me know when you can Start. Curious how you will do payments. Could you take 300$ to start? get the basic features set up? then put price tag on it for other people to get it?
If it's just you contributing then that could work. Otherwise I could set up a crowdfund and people can chip in, if need be.

I would be interested possibly based on requirements and cost. I wouldn't mind tipping in some money which would probably be more of a crowdfund thing. Also I would need to know the server requirements. Would I need to host my own TS and move off a providers server? As it could start adding up quickly the cost to do a simple integration of users between my site and TS.

I would be interested possibly based on requirements and cost. I wouldn't mind tipping in some money which would probably be more of a crowdfund thing. Also I would need to know the server requirements. Would I need to host my own TS and move off a providers server? As it could start adding up quickly the cost to do a simple integration of users between my site and TS.
The API will interface with your TS server regardless of where / how it is hosted. As long as the IP is accessible, the connection should be fine.

is it possible to ask the coder from the unmaintained Teamspeak 3 add-on , that you become the complete right to finished this add-on. I mean this Plugin works fine and i think you have to work less with this one . i hope you understand my english ....

kind regards

Yea was curious on that. If that could kill a bunch of the Work if you could pick up were that one left off? Let me know soon as you're ready. This is a big Mod I want on our site.

Top Bottom