Tapatalk

Another vote for Tapatalk access. Since Tapatalk uses XenForo and vBulletin bought Tapatalk competitor ForumRunner, seems like XenForo and Tapatalk have interests in common.

Shouldn't they be more likely to use the upcoming mobile style instead of using a third party Tapatalk?

Shouldn't they be more likely to use the upcoming mobile style instead of using a third party Tapatalk?

That's fine if/when but for right now be nice to turn on Tapatalk.

Be a bit of a courtesy to Tapatalk as a XenForo user (advertiser) since there is no other XenForo customer with a competing product and the vBulletin/ForumRunner merger/buyout.

I think IPS forums have their own iPhone app, vBulletin bought FrontRunner that pretty much leaves XenForo and Tapatalk as dance partners.

Reactions: Cal
While I love tapatalk, and would like to see it here, I believe that it would have to be part of the core for this to happen. I believe one of the purposes here is to demonstrate the forum software in it's "vanilla" unmodified state, and this would go against that.

While I love tapatalk, and would like to see it here, I believe that it would have to be part of the core for this to happen. I believe one of the purposes here is to demonstrate the forum software in it's "vanilla" unmodified state, and this would go against that.

Letting people access with Tapatalk doesn't change the functionality of the core forum software or it's look and feel. It is a completely external program for viewing the forum from mobile devices. So forum stays "basic" (which I agree with) but people can access via their mobile devices.

I hope XenForo will not turn into a cheap coding parade. Not sure if you looked at, but the Tapatalk code quality is not fantastic. I prefer Forum Runner, but since it was purchased by IB, I expect it will get ruined quickly, like any IB products.

The one and only solution is a mobile app created and supported by XenForo developers. 1.2 will have a mobile theme which will probably render the app usage less stringent.

The one and only solution is a mobile app created and supported by XenForo developers. 1.2 will have a mobile theme which will probably render the app usage less stringent.

Well can't speak for the code issues but as user of Tapatalk for forums I participate in, it's a great product to use. Easy and fun.

I would like XenForo to activate it here and now for this forum for those reasons.

As a buyer of forum software, as long as the software has a good mobile app one can use, there own on third party, that's OK but it is necessary to provide a way for forum members to access via smartphones and pads.

For monetizing, it probably is going to be essential for all forum software companies to build their own so the forum operators can monetize without paying the mobile app developer. It will be interesting to see vBulletin's marketing strategy, whether is uses ForumRunner to charge the forums a big fee ($800 in Tapatalk's case) to brand the app and use it for ads for their forum. For the forum software developer, concentrating on their forum software and using someone else's product for mobile is legit business model

It will be interesting to see vBulletin's marketing strategy, whether is uses ForumRunner to charge the forums a big fee ($800 in Tapatalk's case) to brand the app and use it for ads for their forum.
I know Rob was pulled out, he is not involved anymore into development. I'm curious how IB will handle the custom app updates on Forum Runner, probably the same way they did with vBulletin. :)

I know Rob was pulled out, he is not involved anymore into development. I'm curious how IB will handle the custom app updates on Forum Runner, probably the same way they did with vBulletin.

I don't know the inside baseball stuff like who "Rob" is...principal with ForumRunner development? I take it you think vBulletin is going to mess up Forum Runner.

On Tapatalk, I used it for a forum that was on vBulletin and just switched to XenForo and Tapatalk works great with XenForo, it picks up all the features like Alerts etc. so all the new nav and features of XenForo which the forum admin is schooling his users on are on Tapatalk. That's good functionality from Tapatalk. Reinforces the forums move to XenForo (or any of the supported forum softwares).

As a user, I liked using Tapatalk so much (IPV's mobile is good also) that, in looking for forum software, I worked backwards from what forum software Tapatalk worked with because I wanted members to have a great mobile app to use. That Tapatalk used XenForo and that a forum I spent time on via Tapatalk was converting to XenForo led me here. Breadcrumbs?

So to XenForo...TURN ON TAPATALK!

I don't know the inside baseball stuff like who "Rob" is...principal with ForumRunner development?
Forum Runner was a 1 man operation, Robert Johnston was the creator/maintainer of the product and he liked to be called Rob. :)

Top Bottom