• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Tapatalk - XenForo support (iPhone, iPad, Android, BlackBerry, Windows Phone 7, webOS, Nokia app)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. It may have the same issue on iPhone as I have not tested on that version.

Andy,

Originally we omitted the image in quoted was to hope to save user bandwidth but it appears not a good experience. The iPhone side has a switch allowing user to turn on / off the downloading quoted images and by default it is off. We may just simply set it to on by default and do the same for Android.

I just double checked the posted version is indeed 1.0.1.
No. I downloaded it again, the zip file is 1.0.1 but the xml file inside shows last updated 3/20/2011

And here is the header of that xml file
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<addon addon_id="tapatalk" title="Tapatalk" version_string="1.0.0" version_id="1" url="" install_callback_class="" install_callback_method="" uninstall_callback_class="" uninstall_callback_method="">

version string in XML file now corrected - Looks like our build script need to retool for XenForo

Andy,

Originally we omitted the image in quoted was to hope to save user bandwidth but it appears not a good experience. The iPhone side has a switch allowing user to turn on / off the downloading quoted images and by default it is off. We may just simply set it to on by default and do the same for Android.
My Android tester reports the problem with latex is till the same.

We will get DarkImmortal to chime it. Our standard plugin does not support special tag but we can always incorporate if Dark can push the change into our repo. :)

We will get DarkImmortal to chime it. Our standard plugin does not support special tag but we can always incorporate if Dark can push the change into our repo. :)

The Android app just needs to display a white background on transparent gifs/pngs when viewing them fullscreen - currently it is black resulting in black-on-black text.

Oh sorry I thought that was still the issue at hand.

I've added a rewrite on your site so the URL including /forum should work :)

Here is what it looks like. I'm afraid we will eventually have a spaghetti mess of all the redirect you put in there, DI ;)

The image looks like the mathtex.cgi was not decode everything after \frac properly

snap20110401_185832.webp

Here is what it looks like. I'm afraid we will eventually have a spaghetti mess of all the redirect you put in there, DI ;)

The image looks like the mathtex.cgi was not decode everything after \frac properly

View attachment 13377
Would it help if we put a white background behind the image thumbnail? So it works with different skins/color-themes.

Can someone please confirm that these things aren't happening in the Public non-Beta release?

tt01.webptt02.webptt03.webp

First picture:
When someone is quoted, an smiley is parsed where there wasn't one.

Second picture:
And again...

Third picture:
This smiley is presented as an attachment and not inline with the text flow.

EDIT: Pictures changed to show correct product

Hi Tapatalk,

There seems to be a problem when uploading larger images.

Ive been playing around with the photo upload feature.

If i upload the photo in the 40kb size its fine, if I try the full size which in this case was 4 MB I get the following error;

photo.webp

I thought it may be my php upload limit even though I know its set to 10mb. So i zipped up an mp3 and it came to just over 7mb in size. It uploaded fine via the website. Also I checked my php settings in cpanel and it is infact set to 10mb so I believe this may be a bug?

Also when images are uploaded, if tapatalk is used for hosting the image they are inserted as images which looks nice, whereas if the option to host it on the 'forum' is chosen then the file is an attachment... doesnt look quite as good, is this going to change in a future update?

On a lighter note, I am really really starting to like tapatalk and appreciate its potential, the GUI is gorgeous, I cant wait for all the bugs to be ironed out, will be a very solid product I believe.

Cheers.

Hey Tapatalk, just installed and its all working fine!

Is there any way that we can choose the way to insert the images? For example, here on xenforo after uploading the image we have the choice of having it an attachment or to put it full width. Is there any way we can have a similar function on Tapatalk?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom