• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Tapatalk - XenForo support (iPhone, iPad, Android, BlackBerry, Windows Phone 7, webOS, Nokia app)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bug? in past messages tapatalk is delayed two hours ... Why? This happens in iphone. And in the forum I have time zone central Europe (Spain)

how do I disable popup tapatalk notification?
You don't. It stays with the phone throughout the current session and uses cookies to prevent it from reoccurring.
Users that clear their mobile cookies frequently, will get frequent TT notifications.

Hi Tapatalk,

There seems to be a problem when uploading larger images.

Ive been playing around with the photo upload feature.

If i upload the photo in the 40kb size its fine, if I try the full size which in this case was 4 MB I get the following error;

View attachment 13420

I thought it may be my php upload limit even though I know its set to 10mb. So i zipped up an mp3 and it came to just over 7mb in size. It uploaded fine via the website. Also I checked my php settings in cpanel and it is infact set to 10mb so I believe this may be a bug?

Also when images are uploaded, if tapatalk is used for hosting the image they are inserted as images which looks nice, whereas if the option to host it on the 'forum' is chosen then the file is an attachment... doesnt look quite as good, is this going to change in a future update?

On a lighter note, I am really really starting to like tapatalk and appreciate its potential, the GUI is gorgeous, I cant wait for all the bugs to be ironed out, will be a very solid product I believe.

Cheers.

Please try uploading the same image as an attachment without using Tapatalk. XenForo should have set the memory limit to 128MB, so the fact it is saying 32MB is a sign you are on shared hosting or PHP is configured wrongly. A 4MB JPEG photo would have to be absolutely massive resolution, way beyond what you could fit into 32MB using GD.

Can someone please confirm that these things aren't happening in the Public non-Beta release?

View attachment 13423View attachment 13424View attachment 13425

First picture:
When someone is quoted, an smiley is parsed where there wasn't one.

Second picture:
And again...

Third picture:
This smiley is presented as an attachment and not inline with the text flow.

I've checked in a fix for the first/second issue, and the third is most likely down to this bug: (i.e. not a bug in Tapatalk)

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/fixed-img-smilie-conversion-in-wysiwyg-editor.13186/

Please try uploading the same image as an attachment without using Tapatalk. XenForo should have set the memory limit to 128MB, so the fact it is saying 32MB is a sign you are on shared hosting or PHP is configured wrongly. A 4MB JPEG photo would have to be absolutely massive resolution, way beyond what you could fit into 32MB using GD.

I've checked in a fix for the first/second issue, and the third is most likely down to this bug: (i.e. not a bug in Tapatalk)

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/fixed-img-smilie-conversion-in-wysiwyg-editor.13186/

I assume you mean using my PC as I dont know how to upload with just the iphone? And if you read my post I did :P and it worked fine, thats why I assume its a tapatalk issue, but i am not sure?? I am not on shared hosting, I have my own VPS. I may have setup the PHP wrong, not sure on that but yes the file works fine on a PC but not on tapatalk. Any ideas? thanks DI

I assume you mean using my PC as I dont know how to upload with just the iphone? And if you read my post I did :P and it worked fine, thats why I assume its a tapatalk issue, but i am not sure?? I am not on shared hosting, I have my own VPS. I may have setup the PHP wrong, not sure on that but yes the file works fine on a PC but not on tapatalk. Any ideas? thanks DI

Ok thanks I'll look into why the memory limit isn't changing in Tapatalk

You don't. It stays with the phone throughout the current session and uses cookies to prevent it from reoccurring.
Users that clear their mobile cookies frequently, will get frequent TT notifications.

I still want to do that. I only want Forum Runner notification to show up. Tapatalk is for backwards compatibility for people that used it with vbulletin in the past.

Any idea when we get this? does Tapatalk stated anywhere about this? as its very important.

Hello! The latest iPhone update (released few days ago) added a new Dashboard tab designed specificially for XenForo. See attached screen.
photo (61).webp
Also added is the ability to Like a post and view the number of likes in a thread. See attached screen.
photo (63).webpphoto (64).webp
Private Conversation support will be included in next update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom