Tapatalk work on XenForo 2.1

I am curious as to what Tapatalk would offer over just creating a desktop link to a site running XF? I've heard about it for years in connection with other, non-XF, sites I have been on but no one uses it on my site.

Personally, I am using XF 1.5, 2.0, and 2.1 depending on which board I am on and find all work quite sufficiently in Chrome on my Galaxy. Never felt the lack of an app to be a problem.
I don’t use it, most of my active members use it and love it, not sure why.

2.1 isn't finished yet, but they are working on making it compatible with 2.1 and there seems to be a beta version: https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/tapatalksupport/viewtopic.php?f=96&t=41815&p=217192

Ask Winter if you can join the beta if you'd like to try it.
Thanks, do you know if they will wait for it becoming gold before releasing a non beta plugin?

I'm not too interested in joining their beta, but would like to update to 2.1 without annoying the 10% of people that use Tapatalk.

Thanks, do you know if they will wait for it becoming gold before releasing a non beta plugin?

I'm not too interested in joining their beta, but would like to update to 2.1 without annoying the 10% of people that use Tapatalk.

It will remain beta until 2.1 is available. They must test it with the final version of 2.1 before it can be released. Wouldn't be possible to release a final version without testing it with the final version of XF 2.1.

You'll have to ask Winter in the thread above about their roadmap. No other information is available about Tapatalk for XF 2.1 outside that thread.

TT's development has slowed to a crawl the past few years. Would love to cut them out but a lot of members use the app.

• Sad
Reactions: HJW
TT's development has slowed to a crawl the past few years. Would love to cut them out but a lot of members use the app.
They are never going to be able to do the new 2.1 reactions.

I'm just pissed off by all the

Sent on taptalk with my iphone

Why does it need to do 5 lines?!

I wish it would stop advertising its own app when people first visit the site and promoting people to download it.

I'm going to switch over to 2.1 tomorrow and if the new app doesn't work, its the end of tapatalk for my site.

I'm just pissed off by all the

Sent on taptalk with my iphone

Why does it need to do 5 lines?!

I wish it would stop advertising its own app when people first visit the site and promoting people to download it.
You can turn that off in your TapaTalk forum owner settings if you are a paying customer.

I think we're all waiting for a native app providing all the basics. Tapatalk doesn't even support 100% of XF core functionality.

But this thread is about Tapatalk for XF 2.1 and not how awful it is (which we all agree on) .

You can turn that off in your TapaTalk forum owner settings if you are a paying customer.
I know, but I'm not giving them any more money. I'd rather just pm people asking them to turn it off in their settings.

Why do they need to leave so many line breaks?!

I think we're all waiting for a native app providing all the basics. Tapatalk doesn't even support all core functionality, yet many sites use it.

But this thread is about Tapatalk for XF 2.1 and not how awful it is (which we all agree on).
A native app wouldn't solve it, people use the app because they use multiple forums.

And even when hell freezes...no. I don´t get the point, why we discuss Tapatalk while they´ve FUBARed their trustworthiness. Are we responsible forums owners who care about their users and user data, or just a bunch of webmasters trying to make a buck and use such software no matter what? Anyone remembering B_rivium, who had that backdoors in his add-ons? Understandably and rightly a person non grata since, blacklisted, all add-ons removed. What is the difference with Tapatalk? I can´t see any.

Top Bottom