Tapatalk work on XenForo 2.1

Maybe you can get it work with 2.1, but really it is not a good idea. Did you ever read what TT can do with all your data you submit? You should better sell your soul to the devil, it's cheaper. Just my opinion 🤷‍♂️.

Maybe you can get it work with 2.1, but really it is not a good idea. Did you ever read what TT can do with all your data you submit? You should better sell your soul to the devil, it's cheaper. Just my opinion 🤷‍♂️.
Yeah I've read all the horror stories. Taken with a grain of biased salt.

Just a simple example: When a user uploaded a private picture with the TT app the rights of the picture goes automatically to TT. They can use it wherever they want and the user couldn't used it anymore without breaking the law (maybe not every country ;) )

Just a simple example: When a user uploaded a private picture with the TT app the rights of the picture goes automatically to TT. They can use it wherever they want and the user couldn't used it anymore without breaking the law (maybe not every country ;) )
I guess you don't get the picture. The 2.1 betas are running in TEST INSTANCES ONLY. These aren't live sites. Therefore I see no issue with testing Tapatalk on it. Does not mean I would be using it. But I would be able to report my results to those who might. I'm not debating yes/no should you use Tapatalk. I'm saying, "Yes I will test it on my 2.1 Beta." It's going to be gone anyway and will be default when it's finally put to use as a live site.

I posted a little something here: https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/tapatalksupport/viewtopic.php?f=96&t=41815&p=217169#p217169

Please add whatever you feel relevant. Tapatalk won't read anything on here (they barely read anything on their own forums, so good idea to ask for compatiblity now, because it will take them quite some time to fix any issues).

I asked them to add support for "Bookmarks" and "Reactions". I hardly think they will do it though, but worth a try :) It's good if more people ask for it.

Let's try and keep the discussion about how horrible Tapatalk is out of this thread. I fully agree, but without a native app, we and many others are unfortunately stuck with the horror that is Tapatalk.

Last edited:
I posted a little something here: https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/tapatalksupport/viewtopic.php?f=96&t=41815&p=217169#p217169

Please add whatever you feel relevant. Tapatalk doesn't read anything on here (they barely read anything on their own forums, so good idea to ask for compatiblity now, because it will take them quite some time to fix any issues).

I asked them to add support for "Bookmarks" and "Reactions". I hardly think they will do it though, but worth a try :) It's good if more people ask for it.

Let's try and keep the discussion about how horrible Tapatalk is out of this thread. I fully agree, but without a native app, we and many others are unfortunately stuck with the horror that is Tapatalk.
Ive never had one problem with Tapatalk, with that being said I'm just looking for it to do what it does currently. :)

TapaTalk is cancer. I did my best while consulting with them a few years ago but I wouldn't dare roll it out on a new forum and have removed it completely from all our forums.

Piss poor communication and piss poor code. If you want to get bent over and be taken advantage of by all means, sign up and hand over your data to them.

Reminds me of Viglink. Only looking out for themselves and will not hesitate to push limits to make an extra dollar or two.

LOL not one problem?

Nope, had TT 10 years on my forum, members love it and not one problem. Don't use it for ads at all. And they resolved those issues, forgot about that, , sorry, one issue or two, but who doesn't have a few bugs - right?

Nope, had TT 10 years on my forum, members love it and not one problem. Don't use it for ads at all.

giphy.gif

I am curious as to what Tapatalk would offer over just creating a desktop link to a site running XF? I've heard about it for years in connection with other, non-XF, sites I have been on but no one uses it on my site.

Personally, I am using XF 1.5, 2.0, and 2.1 depending on which board I am on and find all work quite sufficiently in Chrome on my Galaxy. Never felt the lack of an app to be a problem.

Top Bottom