Tapatalk vs Forum Runner

RobinHood

Rather than trawl through 30 odd pages, from those who have tested what do people think of either?

Does anyone know if I can install both without clashing, register with both companies and then leave the option to my users to decide which app they want to use?

On the iPhone Tapatalk seems to have about 4.5 stars from 500 odd review, but the paid version of Forum runner only has 4.5 stars from 5 reviews because there was an update recently so it's hard to tell...

Can always look at the reviews from the lifetime of the app, that will give you some additional details/data.

Not sure about installing both though...

It's a mobile app.
You don't have to buy a license as I understand it.
You install a plugin into your forum.
Then you register with the company on their web site to add your forum to their database for free.
Then you have two options, you can simply inform your users that your forum is available on tapatalk/forum runner and they can pay £2/£3 for the app if they want to use it.
Alternatively you can purchase a licence, they release a custom app for your forum and users can use it for free. However you can make this a premium feature or upgrade for users if you like.
I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

I'd install both.
Personally I like forum runner over tapatalk but notice members on my vB forum using tapatalk more.
If you are not going with a branded version, I'd install both and let your members decide.

I use both Tapatalk and Forumrunner.

Feedback from users is usually that they like the uniformity when reading various forums. I don't make it a practice to maintain a mobile skin, that's time better spent doing other things.

Analytics wise, Tapatalk is more heavily used. I'd say Forumrunner is getting about 40% of what Tapatalk is getting. I have also acquired new members because they found us through searching at Tapatalk or Forumrunner.

Also, is it possible to run both tapatalk and forum runner on the site? what does the notice look like to users on a phone the first time they visit?
Yes you can
The money you can make selling a branded app though far outweighs wanting to use a mobile skin...
How will the forum owner make any money? All money is ping to the tapatalk people, also the cost in creating and maintaining a app is to high i won't ever pay to use an app on any forums

And I hate forums who use these program's it pops up saying that I can use tapatalk and forum runner, I wish I could make my device block it.

Yes you can
How will the forum owner make any money? All money is ping to the tapatalk people, also the cost in creating and maintaining a app is to high i won't ever pay to use an app on any forums

And I hate forums who use these program's it pops up saying that I can use tapatalk and forum runner, I wish I could make my device block it.

When you buy the branded version it does not bring you to the tapatalk app it brings you to The Pet Board app for example. The user then buys the app and the profits go to you through the app store in itunes...

Top Bottom