Tapatalk or Forumrunner?

Personally I like ForumRunner better.
Posts seem easier for me to read and it has a cleaner layout.
Just my personal preferences. I don't think one is better than the other in the long run.
Both offer excellent support.

I have both installed on my forums.
Let your members make the decision.

you should install them both and let users decide which one to use.
personally, I prefer ForumRunner, but that's because it works with my HTTPS only site :)

I'd like to revive this topic. Has anything changed in the 1+ year since this post was made. For those of you that use your mobile app, which one provides better moderation and admin tools? Or do neither?

Can you install ads on ForumRunner? And can you installed Google Analytics on it? I see Tapatalk you have to pay this massive license fee to be able to do any of that...a very big turn off.

I do offer both, but I notice the support on TapaTalk is much better. Staff is friendly and quick to push out updates when needed. They also keep up to date faster with the newest phones for support.

Personally prefer Tapatalk as well, but I use both. I was using just tapatalk for a few months until some newer members starting begging me for forumrunner.
I'm also trying to get an app that auto links to the mobile version of the site.
I think it adds a more personal note. I figure that's what facebook and any other social network does, so why not do the same?

ForumRunner was my preference so far, but since it was sold to IB, all hell broke loose. They came back to me and asked me for a huge amount of money to "keep my apps on the market" (which they CANT remove as i put them there myself, meaning they have no idea what's going on with the 'old' FR customers), they haven't released a working iphone app for version 5, my branded app has bugs they don't care to fix, and now they said "oh sorry we don't support customizations in apps anymore".

More than that, guess what. The IPB forums have big problems with bugs that are not being fixed....

So.... Tapatalk seems one-way road right now, we'll see...

Top Bottom