Tapatalk or Forumrunner?

I am running both on my VB forum and from a users point of view they much prefer TapaTalk. However from an owners point of view if I ever start a new forum there would be no way on earth I would consider installing either of them. I have most of my TataTalk members using it 100% of the time so this presents the following problems for me. It does not interface with any mods and some of the core forum features are not visible or usable. So now you end up always having to work around these users with anything you do to enhance the forum in anyway. They become sort of ghost members that you will struggle with in trying to communicate forum rules and function too.

It is almost as if you running two separate forums one with your forum software and features and another basic database integration forum. I have thought long and hard about removing it on my forum but for the few that actually use it they way it should be (80% PC and 20% TapaTalk) I have not.
Gah! After reading this thread, I was all ready to purchase a TapaTalk branded app. Literally, I was probably an hour away from taking out a credit card. However, now my plan is to wait a week and then possibly try out Arty's Responsive Design addon while I wait for a mobile skin from XenForo.

Needless to say, I will be following this thread with great interest.

Next time I will seriously look at some type of mobile skin for my forum that supports all the mods and core features.

I just had a look at Arty's Responsive Design addon.

This is what I haver been wanting for my VB forum and I would drop TapaTalk if something like this was available for VB

Top Bottom