XF 1.5 Tapatalk Images Improperly Imported?

VladiD

Hi guys,

Last week we finally pulled the trigger and converted our 3.8.x VB to XF. Loving the platform, it's so much more efficient for a 30+mil post board like ours. Nicely done.

The only big outstanding complaint that users are having are that many of the previously embedded images are now showing as links. Obviously, it's tedious for users having to open those images by opening instead of viewing them by browsing the thread.

I am trying to make sense of it, been reading a bunch of threads here and initially figured I could use Kier's regex replacer to make it work. But things seem more complicated.

Concrete example:

Screen Shot 2016-06-19 at 13.30.33.webp

Clicking leads to:

Screen Shot 2016-06-19 at 13.30.52.webp
The post edit reveals:

Screen Shot 2016-06-19 at 13.30.41.webp

The advanced editor reveals that the attachments appear to be associated with the post.

Screen Shot 2016-06-19 at 13.57.27.webp

From looking at other attachments, the tag appears correct, so does the attachment ID. What am I missing? Thanks much.

Last edited:
This is down to the image not having a thumbnail. We use this as a proxy of knowing whether it's a valid image, but it can fail in the case of an attachment being too large to thumb.

Is this a large attachment, in terms of pixel dimensions? Out of the box, XenForo won't generate a thumbnail for images over ~20 megapixels.

This is down to the image not having a thumbnail. We use this as a proxy of knowing whether it's a valid image, but it can fail in the case of an attachment being too large to thumb.

Is this a large attachment, in terms of pixel dimensions? Out of the box, XenForo won't generate a thumbnail for images over ~20 megapixels.

Thanks Mike!

The images that are attached by our Tapatalk BYO app are max 2MP in size, the app already resizes the images. Perhaps I can try and run a thumb rebuild on all images, perhaps that failed during import (we have nearly 1TB of attachments). Going to look into how to get that done.

Top Bottom