1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TapaTalk image filenames

Discussion in 'General PHP and MySQL Discussions' started by PASS, Feb 25, 2016.

1. PASS

PASS Active Member

Can anyone help me remove part of the image name from images uploaded and hosted on my server?
    I want to get rid of the imageuploadbytapatalk crap. Not too concerned about the images that have already been uploaded but just any new ones.

imageuploadedbytapatalk1456356344-6222-jpg.3251

2. Alfa1

Alfa1 Well-Known Member

I believe that @vbresults has an attachment recovery service for Tapatalk.

3. PASS

PASS Active Member

Thanks for the reply. The images are already hosted on my server. I don't allow users to host them using TapaTalk's hosting. I started paying the $10 month to keep that option turned off when they took it away. (holding out for a better solution in the future) I just want to stop tapatalk from branding the attachment image names. Maybe there is a tapatalk file that I can edit?

4. Alfa1

Alfa1 Well-Known Member

I wonder if Tapatalk is claiming copyright to the attachments by inserting their brand into their users uploads.

5. vbresults

vbresults Well-Known Member

It was discontinued some time ago.

If I understand right, you are self-hosting the images already, but the filenames are still prefixed with the highlighted phrase. It's not in the add-on code so my 1st impression is that you are not able to change this (as it's dictated in the app code).

I wouldn't mess with the code anyway, you can cause unexpected problems.

PASS and Alfa1 like this.
  6. D.O.A.

D.O.A. Well-Known Member

Another wonderful tapatalk user story!

/s

7. Alfa1

Alfa1 Well-Known Member

So you pay each month to remove their attachment hosting and instead they brand all your attachments?
    That doesn't surprise me at all.