Tapatalk Forum App for xenForo - iOS / Android / Windows Phone Mobile App [Deleted]

I cant get this working when we switch our site via SSL https:// ......I even put in the httpS domain in backend of tapatalk but still no go....what can we do?

I cant get this working when we switch our site via SSL https:// ......I even put in the httpS domain in backend of tapatalk but still no go....what can we do?
I think you just have to wait, or that's what someone said on the TT thread I created. Although the iPad worked straight away, Androids seemed to start working after a day or two. They say it's to do with their caching.

Is there an option to turn this off? Also, is Tapatalk sending this to all of my members using TT? I would hope not. Why would I want my members potentially lead away from MY forum? What about a "same like" forum. How am I safeguarded from that? @BamaStangGuy - I know you had been working with TT - any input on this?

image.webp

How can I completely remove this from my forums? I went ahead and uninstalled the plugin and unpublished it through the Tapatalk website. However, when people visit the forums via mobile, it says "Tapatalk has been disabled. Please contact an Administrator of the forums." I can't be bothered registering to a whole new forum to be told a 2 minute process of completely removing this. Responsive designs are made for a reason so I have no use in this, and it only caused problems with permissions and current plugins I wished to not uninstall.

you may need to disable the listener if it's still active. you need to enter debug mode to see the development tab and remove the TT listener(s).

you may need to disable the listener if it's still active. you need to enter debug mode to see the development tab and remove the TT listener(s).

I just double checked and there's nothing indicating TT in the listeners portion.

tapatalk updated Tapatalk Forum App for xenForo - iOS / Android / Windows Phone Mobile App with a new update entry:

New Features and Fixes

1. Support for smartbanner on/off display switch
  2. Support for un-banning users
  3. Support for "report detail" in moderator center
  4. Support for page and per-page parameters in Google deep link URLs to aid in fixing future "Content Mismatch Errors"
  5. Optimized app welcome page and smart-banner to automatically add the referring forum to a user's forums list.
  6. Optimized [ code], [ php] and [ html] BBCode display
  7. Added "Show All" option for hiding app ads by user group in...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Is there an option to turn this off? Also, is Tapatalk sending this to all of my members using TT? I would hope not. Why would I want my members potentially lead away from MY forum? What about a "same like" forum. How am I safeguarded from that? @BamaStangGuy - I know you had been working with TT - any input on this?

View attachment 80682

That is an end user feature and has nothing to do with your forum. The recommendations are based off a users forums within Tapatalk and the same happens for your forum as well (people who do not have your site listed in Tapatalk but have similar forums are invited to join your forum).

Its really hard to support third party add-ons across multiple platforms. If you have BYO, you can add a link to the chat room url and then they can use the navigation within BYO to open that in a browser window.
I do have BYO... Where do you go to add links?

Has anyone else received this email from Tapatalk? I have upgraded to the most recent version, below (bold) it says removed Tapatalk sig from profile posts...What gives?

Screen Shot 2014-08-21 at 8.01.04 PM.webp
Screen Shot 2014-08-21 at 8.01.19 PM.webp

Dear Forum Owners,

15 years ago, I registered my first forum membership - and although I was mostly a lurker, following and participating in online discussions was an eye opening experience for me. Ever since, I've been fascinated with forums and the intrinsic value of interest-based discussions. The same forum I became a member of 15 years ago is still thriving today and I'm proud to say that it's also currently available on Tapatalk.

The introduction of Tapatalk as a free app wildly exceeded our greatest expectations. The number of Tapatalk users skyrocketed at a staggering rate. While we are thrilled that we helping more people view and join forums, we also discovered that the quality of our customer support suffered as we could not keep pace with the rapidly increasing user base.

During the last several months of growing and transitional pains, we have learned from our missteps and have re-focused our attention to improve the quality of our product, support, and communication. We have listened to Forum Owner feedback and have made great strides in improving forum discovery and offering better monetization opportunities with a guaranteed eCPM.

I wanted to take this opportunity to share with you more of the improvements we have made (and some that are still in-progress).

1. The latest versions of the Tapatalk Plug-In will enable an option to turn off the Smart App Banner
  2. Direct integration of the ability to use your own VigLink or SkimLink account on your published forums
  3. Removal of "via Tapatalk" in user profiles and "Who's Online" sections of your forums
  4. If you choose to set up custom fields in your user registration on Tapatalk, users will berequired to enter values to register an account. This means no more incomplete user profiles. This is part of an on-going improvement of our in-app User Registration feature
  5. Full StopForumSpam integration
In addition to these changes, we are also reviewing local regulations and user privacy requirements to make sure any new features we add conform to updated regulations.

I hope these changes also demonstrate that we value your feedback and that it does indeed help shape our product. If there is any feature, or lack thereof that really bugs you, feel free to reply to this email to let us know. We're always willing to listen.

Thank you again for your support as we improve your community experience on mobile.

Winter Wong

Founder, Tapatalk

Top Bottom